I think I've found the sweet spot

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Dont know where to post this tbh. Went out for a solo ride at 6.30am this morning as I wanted to see how long it took me to do my Father's route on my own. He reckons it takes him about an hour. It took me about 20-25 minutes to do his lap.

No one about.

I saw about 5 cars, 4 dog walkers. That was basically it on his route. I came back around to do another lap but the asthma was giving me jip (thanks to the trees and fields of crops I rode past). Stopped for 5 minutes to have a puff on the inhaler and catch me breath and then whizzed up hill towards a local park in Netley.

Stopped again to take in the salty air by the park and have another puff and then rode home.

Oh and I saw the beginnings of a dawn raid in woolston too. Only slight downside was hitting a pothole whizzing up hill towards Netley Abbey and hearing a seriously loud bang off the back wheel. Bike checked over and all fine.

Other than that, bliss. :smile: 15 miles in an hour, would be faster without the asthma....

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
downfader said:
I came back around to do another lap but the asthma was giving me jip (thanks to the trees and fields of crops I rode past). Stopped for 5 minutes to have a puff on the inhaler and catch me breath and then whizzed up hill towards a local park in Netley.
Totally understand how you feel. I'm wheezing like a set of bag pipes this morning. Woo, summers here, *cough* *sneeze*

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
downfader said:
whizzed up hill towards a local park in Netley. Stopped again to take in the salty air by the park
Yes, being a Southampton dweller at one point in my life I remember some very nice scenery from my stay down there. Still sounds fab.

Echolalia

Über Member
I want to get into this, up in the morning rise and cycle for a few hours - need to sell my Specialized Nexus hybrid first then get a racer. It's only when I am on my own, do I have those moments of clarity where everything just fits innit.

OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Echolalia said:
I want to get into this, up in the morning rise and cycle for a few hours - need to sell my Specialized Nexus hybrid first then get a racer. It's only when I am on my own, do I have those moments of clarity where everything just fits innit.
Dont worry about the bike. Just do it :ohmy:

Just make sure you carry ICE, mobile, lock or whatever other essensials you need.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nice one, that's so awesome!

Top Bottom