I think I've found the sweet spot

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by downfader, 24 Apr 2010.

1. downfader

downfader extimus uero philosophus

Dont know where to post this tbh. Went out for a solo ride at 6.30am this morning as I wanted to see how long it took me to do my Father's route on my own. He reckons it takes him about an hour. It took me about 20-25 minutes to do his lap.

No one about.

I saw about 5 cars, 4 dog walkers. That was basically it on his route. I came back around to do another lap but the asthma was giving me jip (thanks to the trees and fields of crops I rode past). Stopped for 5 minutes to have a puff on the inhaler and catch me breath and then whizzed up hill towards a local park in Netley.

Stopped again to take in the salty air by the park and have another puff and then rode home.

Oh and I saw the beginnings of a dawn raid in woolston too. Only slight downside was hitting a pothole whizzing up hill towards Netley Abbey and hearing a seriously loud bang off the back wheel. Bike checked over and all fine.

Other than that, bliss. :smile: 15 miles in an hour, would be faster without the asthma....

2. HaloJ

HaloJ Rabid cycle nut

Totally understand how you feel. I'm wheezing like a set of bag pipes this morning. Woo, summers here, *cough* *sneeze*

3. OP
    OP
    downfader

LOL yeah bagpipes makes sense. :smile:

4. Looking at the title, I was wondering where this post would head.........:smile:

Nice when you nail something like this and it all goes your way isn't it.

5. Tinuts

Tinuts Wham Bam Helmet Cam

Yes, being a Southampton dweller at one point in my life I remember some very nice scenery from my stay down there. Still sounds fab.

6. OP
    OP
    downfader

Just a 10 or 15 minute bike ride to some nice scenery from my home:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba79sAbce7Y

Battery went dead after a short while. Will recharge tonight. :blush:

7. Echolalia

Echolalia Senior Member

I want to get into this, up in the morning rise and cycle for a few hours - need to sell my Specialized Nexus hybrid first then get a racer. It's only when I am on my own, do I have those moments of clarity where everything just fits innit.

8. OP
    OP
    downfader

Dont worry about the bike. Just do it :ohmy:

Just make sure you carry ICE, mobile, lock or whatever other essensials you need.

9. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

Nice one, that's so awesome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice