I think my pedals are finally ready to retire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
...who works in a bicycle factory and is smuggling a diffferent part out in your lunchbox each day.
You jest, apparently back in the day when Ford Cortinas were assembled at Dagenham the workers there were entitled to buy cars at a heavily reduced price. The game was to smuggle as many spare parts as possible out at the same time, so doors and seats etc would be stuffed with as many service parts as could be crammed in there without the inspector noticing. There were doors so heavy they could hardly be opened.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
we can lease brand new cars , around £200 a month starting price on a 2 year contract with free servicing and tyres
I've got a Left Hand M520 pedal sitting all forlorn in the garage. Used but perfectly serviceable. If you can find a RH mate you can have this for postage.
i will try getting some proper penetrating oil on it 1st too see if i can get it loose , thanks for the offer though

Drago

Legendary Member
You jest, apparently back in the day when Ford Cortinas were assembled at Dagenham the workers there were entitled to buy cars at a heavily reduced price. The game was to smuggle as many spare parts as possible out at the same time, so doors and seats etc would be stuffed with as many service parts as could be crammed in there without the inspector noticing. There were doors so heavy they could hardly be opened.
And they had about 5 times as many coqts of paint as the regular cars did.

this sounds odd - surely the cars they bought came from stock - they didn't put together themselves the car they were going to buy?

Reactions: C R

battered

Guru
this sounds odd - surely the cars they bought came from stock - they didn't put together themselves the car they were going to buy?
Story goes that they were built to order, like any car they come from stock but are built with the options specified. So they knew it was Bob's car as soon as it hit the line. It's Bob's car so it's getting GL seats, the stereo, tinted glass and, just for Bob, a spare starter motor tucked under the seat. In addition, bear in mind that popping off a door card in a 1970s car is the work of a moment, especially when you have the correct tools to hand. Then you toss in a handful of plugs, points and 2 sets of brake pads.

Top Bottom