I think someone will be looking for a new job...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member

I wouldn't fancy having to explain that to my boss!

Jimidh

Veteran
If you thought you are having a bad day at work!!

screenman

Legendary Member
True story, I had a lorry driving job when i was 18, told a little fib to get the job, had an accident in the yard first morning, I then went out for a delivery and wripped a hole in an Austin Maxi wing, returning to the yard I run into the back of an Austin 1100 clouting it into the car in front, by midday I was sacked for some reason. So that job lasted a massive 4 hours at most, I had a few like that back then but that was the only one I was sacked from.

snorri

Legendary Member
True story, I had a lorry driving job when i was 18, told a little fib to get the job, had an accident in the yard first morning, I then went out for a delivery and wripped a hole in an Austin Maxi wing, returning to the yard I run into the back of an Austin 1100 clouting it into the car in front, by midday I was sacked for some reason. So that job lasted a massive 4 hours at most, I had a few like that back then but that was the only one I was sacked from.
We've got to get these things out of our systems whilst still young, but all in one morning?:biggrin:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

At least now we all know how you got into the dent pulling business.

Drago

Legendary Member
So what we looking at then?

Do something like that in the police and the likelihood is you'll be punished by being given a plum job on Roads Policing. No kidding either! I know a bobby that decapitated a new PSU carrier on a low height barrier during an unauthorised pursued, and within a month he was on traffic. In any line of work outside of the public services antics are punished, but in the public services people get rewarded for it.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
So what we looking at then?

Do something like that in the police and the likelihood is you'll be punished by being given a plum job on Roads Policing. No kidding either! I know a bobby that decapitated a new PSU carrier on a low height barrier during an unauthorised pursued, and within a month he was on traffic. In any line of work outside of the public services antics are punished, but in the public services people get rewarded for it.

I believe it's called being promoted out of harm's way.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Not sure why that is claiming to be in Newry, that is not Newry.

OP
OP
tyred

tyred

Legendary Member
In a similar vain, a friend of my uncle's worked in a garage and a customer left a Reliant Robin in to get the exhaust welded and when Jimmy went to reverse it over the pit, he forgot about the central front wheel and went straight back until it dropped into the pit and totally destroyed the whole front end of the car :laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
One of the ramps I used to work on at A ford dealership you could only put the cars on one way around, get it wrong put the car up in the air without paying attention and you put a huge dent across the roof, I did not get sacked for that one.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It has been a quiet day, so I'll pass some time telling you one of my tales... :okay:

I had a factory job in Coventry in my mid-20s. It was on a small industrial estate near where @dave r lives (he actually worked for them briefly too, though we don't remember each other from back then).

We used to load heavy pallets of finished product onto lorries at the front of the factory unit. Often they would be flat bed lorries and if so, the fork lift driver could load those directly. At other times a tractor unit would drop off a big covered trailer for us to load and the driver would return later to pick it up. The fork lift driver would put the pallet at the back of the trailer and one of us would use a pallet truck to shift it within the trailer. One of these...

So here is a sketch of a trailer being (BADLY!) loaded...

What happened next...? :whistle:

Yes, you got it! :laugh:

Top Bottom