I thoughtmy bike fits were the same .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Same saddle set back
Same saddle height
Different stem lengths to account for top tube size
Same drop from saddle to bar .

1 cm difference to stem cap and 2 cm to hoods , the second part being the different reach of the bars .No idea about the 1st part :wacko:
Do i stick a longer stem on or what ?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Before opting for a longer stem why not try it as it is. If you want a slightly longer reach slide the saddle back and give it a try, see how it feels.
If it's a brand new bike then the shop where you bought it from I'm sure would happily fit you a longer stem free of charge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Before opting for a longer stem why not try it as it is. If you want a slightly longer reach slide the saddle back and give it a try, see how it feels.
If it's a brand new bike then the shop where you bought it from I'm sure would happily fit you a longer stem free of charge.

They don't *have* to be identical fits. Are either causing you trouble??

BB
Neither give me issues , im happy enough with the fits although i noticed the one with the longer reach has shimano vs sram on the other bike and i tend to hold the shifters with the hands a bit closer to the bar comapred to the sram where i tend to hold closer to the top of the hoods .
Guess im compensating :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member

Sliding the saddle back changes more than just the lenght to the bars though.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm the same as Milkfloat varying each bike slightly, and comfort trumps all. No point being in a hyper efficient position if you're screaming in agony.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I'm the same as Milkfloat varying each bike slightly, and comfort trumps all. No point being in a hyper efficient position if you're screaming in agony.
If you are screaming in agony, it is no way efficient.
As i have always said bike fits are only a starting place, Don't know anyone who has not tweaked there bike after spending money on a bike fit,

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

The longer bike is too big for me really , its been made to fit and is used as a commuter so im not sure of comfort on a long ride as its mostly used 10 mile eachway or a 25 mile ride in winter .
When i bought the frame i was assured it was a 54 which would be ok but that was real measurement rather then the 55/ 56 virtual , at 5 foot 7 " its a stretch.Unfortunately i cant change it given circumstances atm.

Top Bottom