I wanna know whens the..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

..CC server gonna fall over for good ?

As it appears to be 'downing' more than being 'up'!

I feel everyone needs a comment by Admin (Shaun) over this or do we need to buy shares in said Server for its 'upkeep'..

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
there's a new server coming which, according to shaun, should keep the forum a bit faster and less likely to fall over.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

No, people - he did actually say he'd sell for a quid of everybody when the membership hits a million :rolleyes:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Million Zim dollar?

Shaun

Founder
Faxed back the order form today ... :sad:

Server we're using at the moment: P4 2.4Ghz, 512MB DDR RAM, 2 x 60GB HDD's ... New server: Dual Core AMD Athlon, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 2 x 250GB HDD's :rolleyes:

The downtime has been due to memory issues on the server and network issues with the host. The 2GB of RAM should sort the server and AFAIK the hosting data centre is working on a backup connection that kicks in when the main one drops.

Not sure if the upgrade will be a case of transferring disks (no system software updates) or whether it will be a complete new build (in which case the server will be running the latest versions of Apache, MySQL, etc. but will need more configuration and testing work).

All of the above should help improve things, and keep us going towards that magic million users ... :angry:

Cheers,
Shaun

PS. It's also worth considering that Qango.com gets priority over CC - sorry! :smile:

domtyler

Über Member
Admin said:
PS. It's also worth considering that Qango.com gets priority over CC - sorry! :smile:

Whaaaaaaat? :rolleyes: Surely you have that the wrong way round? Aren't we your top priority any more? :angry::cry::sad::cry:

Shaun

Founder
domtyler said:
Whaaaaaaat? :ohmy: Surely you have that the wrong way round? Aren't we your top priority any more? :laugh::cry::cry::cry:

Much as the humanitarian me cares deeply about you all, and wants to put you first ... the money grabbing capitalist side of me won't let that happen. :laugh:

Top Bottom