1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wanna know whens the..

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 12 Jun 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

..CC server gonna fall over for good ?

As it appears to be 'downing' more than being 'up'!

I feel everyone needs a comment by Admin (Shaun) over this or do we need to buy shares in said Server for its 'upkeep'..

2. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

there's a new server coming which, according to shaun, should keep the forum a bit faster and less likely to fall over.

3. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Are you suggesting we launch a hostile takeover bid Yenrod?

4. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

Shauns not cheap mate - he wants a million ! :rolleyes:

5. alecstilleyedye

you're confusing him with persons elsewhere in cyberspace :rolleyes:

6. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

A million Lira? No problem.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

What about a million Dong. A currency of which nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

No, people - he did actually say he'd sell for a quid of everybody when the membership hits a million :rolleyes:

9. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

Million Zim dollar?

10. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Faxed back the order form today ... :sad:

Server we're using at the moment: P4 2.4Ghz, 512MB DDR RAM, 2 x 60GB HDD's ... New server: Dual Core AMD Athlon, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 2 x 250GB HDD's :rolleyes:

The downtime has been due to memory issues on the server and network issues with the host. The 2GB of RAM should sort the server and AFAIK the hosting data centre is working on a backup connection that kicks in when the main one drops.

Not sure if the upgrade will be a case of transferring disks (no system software updates) or whether it will be a complete new build (in which case the server will be running the latest versions of Apache, MySQL, etc. but will need more configuration and testing work).

All of the above should help improve things, and keep us going towards that magic million users ... :angry:

Cheers,
    Shaun

PS. It's also worth considering that Qango.com gets priority over CC - sorry! :smile:

11. Vietnamese I think?????????????????

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Whaaaaaaat? :rolleyes: Surely you have that the wrong way round? Aren't we your top priority any more? :angry::cry::sad::cry:

13. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

What Dom meant to say, and I concur, is "Shaun, thanks for keeping all this going".

Right Dom?

14. alecstilleyedye

cheers shaun, we only have to look down the road to see how differently things could be 'round here.

keep up the good work :laugh:

15. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Much as the humanitarian me cares deeply about you all, and wants to put you first ... the money grabbing capitalist side of me won't let that happen. :laugh: