I wanna know whens the..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Admin said:
Much as the humanitarian me cares deeply about you all, and wants to put you first ... the money grabbing capitalist side of me won't let that happen. :cry:

Well I guess you have to pay for all these big houses and flashy new monster widescreen TV's somehow! :laugh:

Maz

Guru
Straight up - who actually pays for the upkeep of this forum? Is it Shaun or someone else?

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Admin said:
Much as the humanitarian me cares deeply about you all, and wants to put you first ... the money grabbing capitalist side of me won't let that happen. :cry:

Thats worth a thread in itself..

Maz said:
Straight up - who actually pays for the upkeep of this forum? Is it Shaun or someone else?

Its a side issue of a Quango :laugh: - allegedly: :laugh:

Shaun

Founder
Maz said:

I do. :laugh:

I own a web directory and until recently also ran a web design company, so I have my own dedicated web server for all the hosting I needed.

I still run the web directory [www.qango.com] and host a few remaining web clients (don't do the design work anymore) so it was easy to piggy-back the CC forums onto the server.

Cheers,
Shaun

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
In case Shaun's being a bit shy/modest, I can tell you that the bandwidth costs of a site like this are non-trivial. Granted he may be using 'spare' capacity within a hosting package, the fact remains that he could be on a cheaper package without it.

Top Bottom