I want £1k to buy a road bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Loads of nice bikes I have seen.
Focus Cayo 2007. £999
Kinesis Racelight RC2 Tiagra 2 - £899.99
Argon 18 Radon 105 R500- £999.99
Viner Dedalus - £849.99
Orbea Dauphine - £899.99
Wilier Evasion Alu/Carbon special edition - £949.99

The Orbea and the Wilier look amazing.
I know the Focus is a quality machine.

All I need is £1k.....:blush:
Hmmm....what to do...

Bigtallfatbloke

Charidee ride and pocket the cash?:blush:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

lol. :blush:
I'm not parting with my Trek...thats for sure!
It'll take me about 10 months to save up £1k...by that time all the special offers will be gone...:ohmy:
Evans do some nice bikes.....but most of them aren't anywhere near as good...although there are 2 x Lemond models and a Scott model which I thought were pretty darn good!
Looks like I'll have to get a 2nd job....:biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The special offers won't be gone in ten months time, they're like buses, there will always be another one along in a minute.

If you don't wait to wait, plenty of places are doing interest free credit. Sure beats saving.

col

Legendary Member
Smokin Joe said:
The special offers won't be gone in ten months time, they're like buses, there will always be another one along in a minute.

If you don't wait to wait, plenty of places are doing interest free credit. Sure beats saving.

When i got a bike as a teenager,i went on hp instead of saving,i fooled myself into thinking it was like saving,i suppose it could be in a way?:blush:
Tsk there i go again.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

I can't stand finance....I know there is 0% but it's owing money that gets me.
I figured out I can save £120 this month. So only got £730-£880 to save....:blush:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
stevenb said:
I can't stand finance....I know there is 0% but it's owing money that gets me.
I figured out I can save £120 this month. So only got £730-£880 to save....:eek:

Evenings you could "earn" a bit of cash by becoming a rent boy :blush: :biggrin: :ohmy:

col

Legendary Member
twentysix by twentyfive said:
Evenings you could "earn" a bit of cash by becoming a rent boy :blush: :eek: :ohmy:

What was the term used ,after blackadder told the burly sailor a goodnight story,that he asked baldrick?:biggrin:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Can't recall....but I bet I would have lmao at what he said...:blush:
Well.....now I sold my car and I'm in the process of clearing off a bank loan I shall be better off each month.....so I maybe riding a nice road bike sooner than I thought.....although getting a road bike is not the reason I was selling my little car......it was purely to clear the loan.

buggi

Bird Saviour
apparently the way to make a grand is to spend a tenner at a car boot sale, then sell the stuff on ebay because people buy crap. then use the profit to buy more stuff and sell it etc etc until you get your grand. i read it the other day, you can make a grand in about 3 months. if it works, let me know.

Top Bottom