1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want £1k to buy a road bike...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by stevenb, 8 Sep 2007.

1. stevenb

stevenb New Member

Loads of nice bikes I have seen.
    Focus Cayo 2007. £999
    Kinesis Racelight RC2 Tiagra 2 - £899.99
    Argon 18 Radon 105 R500- £999.99
    Viner Dedalus - £849.99
    Orbea Dauphine - £899.99
    Wilier Evasion Alu/Carbon special edition - £949.99

The Orbea and the Wilier look amazing.
    I know the Focus is a quality machine.

All I need is £1k.....:blush:
    Hmmm....what to do...

2. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Charidee ride and pocket the cash?:blush:

3. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

lol. :blush:
    I'm not parting with my Trek...thats for sure!
    It'll take me about 10 months to save up £1k...by that time all the special offers will be gone...:ohmy:
    Evans do some nice bikes.....but most of them aren't anywhere near as good...although there are 2 x Lemond models and a Scott model which I thought were pretty darn good!
    Looks like I'll have to get a 2nd job....:biggrin:

4. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

The special offers won't be gone in ten months time, they're like buses, there will always be another one along in a minute.

If you don't wait to wait, plenty of places are doing interest free credit. Sure beats saving.

5. MichaelM

MichaelM Veteran

Which of the Lemonds have you seen? I'd love one of the spine bikes.

6. col

col Veteran

When i got a bike as a teenager,i went on hp instead of saving,i fooled myself into thinking it was like saving,i suppose it could be in a way?:blush:
    Tsk there i go again.

7. Hover Fly

Hover Fly Lover of the bunny

Why not? amateur clubs (football dramatics model railway,etc) raise funds by draws etc, why not cyclists? As long as you're honest about what it's for.

8. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

I can't stand finance....I know there is 0% but it's owing money that gets me.
    I figured out I can save £120 this month. So only got £730-£880 to save....:blush:

9. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Evenings you could "earn" a bit of cash by becoming a rent boy :blush: :biggrin: :ohmy:

10. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Better allow for a gel saddle in that case.

11. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

12. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

Can anyone else recommend a bike around the £800-£1k mark that hasn't been mentioned?
    Cheers chaps

13. col

col Veteran

What was the term used ,after blackadder told the burly sailor a goodnight story,that he asked baldrick?:biggrin:

14. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

Can't recall....but I bet I would have lmao at what he said...:blush:
    Well.....now I sold my car and I'm in the process of clearing off a bank loan I shall be better off each month.....so I maybe riding a nice road bike sooner than I thought.....although getting a road bike is not the reason I was selling my little car......it was purely to clear the loan.

15. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

apparently the way to make a grand is to spend a tenner at a car boot sale, then sell the stuff on ebay because people buy crap. then use the profit to buy more stuff and sell it etc etc until you get your grand. i read it the other day, you can make a grand in about 3 months. if it works, let me know.