I want a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Is a 22.5" frame again not massive for someone who is 5'8 like the OP...reasonable though

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the Vitesse is too big - believe me you don't want a bike too big - I have one and now have tennis elbow!

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the Vitesse is too big - believe me you don't want a bike too big - I have one and now have tennis elbow!

badger5148

If you are near any cycling centres where they hire out cycles by the hour you can get an end of season ex rental quite reasonabley priced I bought a Giant Boulder from Rutland cycling end of season a few years ago it was fully serviced new tyres new chain £120

vickster

Legendary Member
OP lives in London, I don't think he'd want a used Boris Bike :laugh:

mikeoc

Regular
I went to www.re-cycle.co.uk at Elephant and Castle too a few weeks ago when I was looking for a road bike. I wasnt impressed at all with anything they had in stock. I got my bike from Decathlon - I got to try them out, and whereas I thought I wanted drop handles (Triban 3 model), when it came to test riding it, I hated the position, so I went for the flat handle version (Fitness 3) which is effectively the same ooad bike, minus the drops and the carbon fork. The TDFs at Halfords always seem to be on offer whenever I went into any Halfords recently (but I was put off by the yellow, and reviews which said it was a bit heavy when riding up inclines) - I wouldnt expect to pay more than £250 for one.

Top Bottom