I want a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Roadbike frames are normally measured in cms, at 5'8, I would guess at somewhere either a 52 or 54cm frame?

is this any good ? (wait for opinion of oldies here)
or a few here
:thumbsup:

Dora

Not sure how it is where you are, but round here, there are a few reputable local bike shops which usually have a selection of second hand bikes, or might have a half decent new bike in stock - If you go that route, you've got the advantage that it's been set up properly and the makings of a good relationship with your LBS.

OR, look out for indie/vintage emporium type places - the one in Manchester, which (first floor, afflecks palace - if anyone's familiar with it! I realise it's no good the the OP) has a fairly steady stream of vintage road bikes - but then it's probably a good idea to take someone who knows bikes, because some of them can be ... well let's call them projects. :smile:

keyser soze

Hi, not sure if these are any good as i'm a newbie to cycling, but I was in your position not long ago and these were in my bookmarks..

Dawes Giro 200

Viking Giro D'Italia

I think the Viking had some not too bad write ups tbh, in the end I managed to get a new Carrera TDF from Halfords for 260 with a voucher code which will see me til next year.. HTH

OP
OP
T

tatsumaru

So I went to re-cycle in london today since its just down the road to where I go to uni. They had some nice bikes but the cheapest they had was £256 and it didnt really look to nice. It had lots of scratches and and dents.

Im going to try out the vittesse sprint. Iv been looking at reviews and there really positive. If I dont like it I can just return it.

heres the bike:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003DZ15CQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

vickster

Legendary Member
It is very big - do you really have a 33"-38" inside leg as a 5'8 bloke? I'd say more like for someone who is 6ft2!

Top Bottom