i want it to be pink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Night Train said:
I did a pink Land Rover many, many years ago using red and white Smoothrite. The mix is very, very little red to tons of white.
It was too easy to start with a touch too much red added to the white and all I had was two pots or red and no white!:ohmy:

Hah! I painted my Morris Minor in black hammerite; with a brush. I pity the poor bugger that bought it with the intention of restoring it to concourse.

mark barker

Night Train said:
I did a pink Land Rover many, many years ago using red and white Smoothrite. The mix is very, very little red to tons of white.
It was too easy to start with a touch too much red added to the white and all I had was two pots or red and no white!:wacko:

I used the same method for my pink reliant....

pig.jpg

I used a foam roller to get the wonderful finish...:ohmy:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
If you can tape up the mechs and the other partts that you don't want pink, then you're better off with a pink spray paint. It's easier to apply and will last longer.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Good Lord.:thumbsup:
That is really quite something. I'm not sure what, but it's certainly something.
I hadn't realised that you were saying 'The SAS use pink landies', hence my confusion.
That's the gurliest Landie I've ever seen in my life!!!

montage

God Almighty
TheDoctor said:
Good Lord.:thumbsup:
That is really quite something. I'm not sure what, but it's certainly something.
I hadn't realised that you were saying 'The SAS use pink landies', hence my confusion.
That's the gurliest Landie I've ever seen in my life!!!

used commonly in the gulf war. Pink is the best camouflage in the desert during sunrise and sunset

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ah, right. That would explain it.
I was wondering, as it's presumably not so very often the SAS invade Graham Norton.
That sounds so very wrong...

TheDoctor said:
Maybe the question wasn't so much 'Why Land-Rover?' as 'Why pink?'

I can only assume NT has a good answer, but I can't imagine what it is!!!

Well many years ago I know a bloke who had a pink Land Rover. He was from Northern Ireland and bought an ex police job. He did not, in any way, wish to be mistaken for a Police Land Rover, so he painted it Pink.

Top Bottom