i want it to be pink

buggi

Bird Saviour
i've got an old hack and the paintwork... well... to be honest, it's seen better days.

So i thought maybe i could brighten it up and paint it :biggrin:

bright pink :biggrin:

so how do i do it. do i have to use a primer or something? how do you paint metal?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Do you want it done well or done cheap?
Either get it professionally sprayed / powdercoated, or get some pink Smoothrite in Wilkos. Oh, and a brush.

OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
cheap! it's a right old knacker. i want to do it myself. it may be a bit hard going round the mechanics, but i can't take them off myself, i'll totally feck everything up, but honestly, it can't look worse than the paint job that's on it at the moment!

So just smoothrite??? cool :biggrin:

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Could we not just cover it in candy floss?
Wouldn't that be a bit sticky?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Be handy if you got a bit peckish on the way to work.
Seriously, with the Carrera you'd be best stripping it down and getting it powdercoated. If you can strip and re-build it yourself, the coating would set you back around £40 or so.

Night Train

Maker of Things
TheDoctor said:
Yeah, it goes on rust, bare metal old paint or whatever. Not sure if they do pink, but they do red and white...
I did a pink Land Rover many, many years ago using red and white Smoothrite. The mix is very, very little red to tons of white.
It was too easy to start with a touch too much red added to the white and all I had was two pots or red and no white!:biggrin:

Top Bottom