i want it to be pink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i've got an old hack and the paintwork... well... to be honest, it's seen better days.

So i thought maybe i could brighten it up and paint it :biggrin:

bright pink :biggrin:

so how do i do it. do i have to use a primer or something? how do you paint metal?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Do you want it done well or done cheap?
Either get it professionally sprayed / powdercoated, or get some pink Smoothrite in Wilkos. Oh, and a brush.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
cheap! it's a right old knacker. i want to do it myself. it may be a bit hard going round the mechanics, but i can't take them off myself, i'll totally feck everything up, but honestly, it can't look worse than the paint job that's on it at the moment!

So just smoothrite??? cool :biggrin:

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
OK, you strip the Galaxy down, and when I'm next up I'll bring some pink Dulux with me. And a roller.

:biggrin: no, not the Galaxy! It'd have to be the Carrera.

Plax

Guru
TheDoctor said:
Could we not just cover it in candy floss?

Wouldn't that be a bit sticky?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Be handy if you got a bit peckish on the way to work.
Seriously, with the Carrera you'd be best stripping it down and getting it powdercoated. If you can strip and re-build it yourself, the coating would set you back around £40 or so.

Night Train

Maker of Things
TheDoctor said:
Yeah, it goes on rust, bare metal old paint or whatever. Not sure if they do pink, but they do red and white...
I did a pink Land Rover many, many years ago using red and white Smoothrite. The mix is very, very little red to tons of white.
It was too easy to start with a touch too much red added to the white and all I had was two pots or red and no white!:biggrin:

Top Bottom