I want my bed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sadly not. And even worse, no handlebar tassels, but it does come with a free bag of Haribo and all inside a box big enough to live in.
Comes ready built!

Get your 14, 17 & 10mm sockets/spanners ready and swear box to hand.

byegad

Legendary Member
I had the self same problems with Yodel last year, three times the driver claimed I hadn't answered the door and he'd left a card. at the fourth attempt, after me speaking to the Yodel warehouse (A saga in finding a telephone number worth of the Norse Gods.) giving instructions on how to find the house he turned up.

He was less than impressed when, after I had the parcel in the house, I called him a fibbing son of a canine and challenged him to show me where he'd posted the three cards through my door! He went off in a huff.

Several days later I had another Yodel delivery coming, and to my surprise it arrived with no issues, and a different driver. So I told him about his numpty colleague, the driver told me that the guy 'did it all of the time'.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I saw a program the other week about work and doss houses. According to the program,some "residents" in these places slept on a rope. A rope was tied across a room and people just lent over it and fell asleep. To wake them for their day of grind the warden just untied the rope and they all fell over,waking them up. How ingenious is that?!:thumbsup:
I heard these were known as "flop houses".

classic33

Leg End Member
Waited in for a delivery this morning. Just before the timeslot was up, there's a call from an irate driver letting me know he'll be a bit late.

There's only two streets with the same name in the UK. He wasn't anywhere near the one I was waiting at.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yodel, you say? This does not bode well.

stream_img.jpg

OP
OP
Alan Frame
Yodel promised me the driver would return today and deliver the bed to the correct address. Even asked me for my mobile number so he could let me know when he was coming.
Twelve hours later I'm still waiting for any form of contact and it's not going to happen now.
Tomorrow I'll get onto Argos and read them the riot act.

OP
OP
Alan Frame
I placed an order through zooplus. I had a choice of `Yodel or DPD.

Emil from DPD is great and knows if I'm not in where he can leave parcels. :okay:

Yes, I have always found DPD to be excellent.
Sadly, I wasn't given a choice of courier by Argos.
It was offered as FREE delivery and I think that was a rip off at this rate!

Top Bottom