I Want my new bike!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steppylud

Über Member
Seriously employer, why cant you just pay Cyclescheme and I can get on with riding it. You are going to make me wait the full 30 days aren't you.

potsy

Rambler
Ha ha, patience, a few of us at work have been waiting for a couple of weeks for ours too, mine arrived this morning so the bike will be ordered Monday morning :hyper:

What are you getting?

OP
OP
Steppylud

Steppylud

Über Member
Trek Madone 2.1. It was approved almost instantly, just waiting for payment, it feels like forever but has only been two weeks!

heist

I know, it takes forever. I have to wait almost a month for mine. Took the bike for a test ride, gutted I had to give it back. Wanted it there and then... hope you don't have to wait too much longer

heist

I called them today, and they told me it won't be until after may pay day :/ apparently that's their rule, it has to be after the next months pay date. I can't figure that out at all. is that normal?

potsy

Rambler
I called them today, and they told me it won't be until after may pay day :/ apparently that's their rule, it has to be after the next months pay date. I can't figure that out at all. is that normal?
I think there are lots of different ways these schemes are run and administered, ours opened early March where you then made your choice of voucher value (plus other stuff like additional pension contributions, child care vouchers etc)
The scheme then closed at the end of March and it was sorted from there.

It will be worth it in the end :okay:

screenman

Legendary Member
From my experience a lot of bikes purchased on these schemes are not used for long, one of my customers had 9 people buy and only 1 uses, he has cycled for 40 years.

Of course this may not be the case of the OP, but shows a willingness of some people to take on debt.

The problem with cyclescheme is they bill the employer monthly for vouchers issued instead of as and when.
I administer ours and will make sure to check the online log in every fee days to pick up new vouchers and pay promptly.

Top Bottom