I wish there was a GPS/route planner app that would consider weather.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrklaw

all these fancy smartphones and apps that can plan your routes, but I've noticed none seem to take into account the weather along the route. Likewise weather apps are single location only (or become very general when looking at a wider area).

What I'd love is a hybrid. Eg let me plan a route and it'll warn me of weather along the route based on planned leaving time. Or a weather forecast app that lets me give it a route and it'll give me a forecast along it.

Right now for my commute I'm checking my local weather and then the weather in paddington (train in the middle), and the same for my journey home. Would be so much more helpful to have a little widget giving me a summary "dry but 6c on the morning journey, 20c but showers on the way home" kind of thing.

Jeezo.

vickster

Legendary Member
You could develop one yourself if you think there’s a need. Don’t you just commute a few miles in London though. The BBC app will tell you what’s likely to happen throughout the day. Or you could just look out the window maybe? Or watch the BBC local weather forecast which covers the south east

Drago

Legendary Member
I developed one that considered the weather along the route. However, the Weather Station I'd purchased from Maplins gave me neck ache after a long ride attached to my helmet.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'd be happy with an accurate next day forecast that wasn't 50% wrong

Top Bottom