1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wonder How It Turned Out (2)

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by JamesAC, 21 Dec 2007.

1. JamesAC

JamesAC Senior Member

I was driving to my Mother In Law's one Christmas morning, quite early, having come off the night shift. On Canning Town flyover, I saw an old geeza plodding along. What the hell, I thought, it's Chrismas. So I pull up and offer him a lift. He's going to Dagenham, he says, to see his sister for Christmas Day. No sweat, I'm driving past Dagenham anyway.

So we get to Dagenham, and I say where do you want dropping off.. and he begins to look a bit hazy. He can't quite remember the name of his sister's road, of her married surname, or her phone number. We drive round a bit, but it all looks a bit vague to him. In the end I dropped him off at the local nick.

On reflection, I think the chap was slightly doodle-ally. Maybe once he had had a sister who lived in Dageham (someone must have:biggrin:), but she'd moved on to a Better Place. I did wonder where he'd set off walking from, and what happened to him on that Christmas Morning.

2. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

I was counting the gravel on Canning Town flyover, when some motorist stopped and offered me a lift. To make him happy I said I was going to my sister's in Dagenham, but couldn't keep up the pretence when we got there. I was pleased when he dropped me off at the nick so that I could go in and let them know about the space aliens.

3. walker

walker New Member

it could of all ended up like the scene in Only fools an horses where Rodney pretends to live in a posh area and ask's Casandra to drop him off at a strangers house