I wonder why it never caught on...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I see that even the lunatic intrepid test pilot in the photo wasn't stupid enough to take his left hand off the conventional grip.

He's not even riding the thing either, clearly keeping it upright when stood alongside is challenge enough.
That's Henry Cooper.

Drago

Legendary Member
That looks dangerous.

Which means kids will be queing up to buy one.

To be fair, this is a question that many of us have wanted answers to
as a kid, at a family picnic, I took a length or rope, threw it around a branch, tied a loop in one end, & proceeded to demonstrate to a friend my genius way to climb a tree, meaning to pull on the loose end, with my foot in the loop. well. my foot went up as my head went crashing down :wacko: apparently I knew just enough about ropes to be dangerous.

meanwhile many years later a mountain/rock climber invented a device that lets one do something similar. FFWD to 3:36 for the mechanical ascender in action

View: https://youtu.be/u785RZPrM-c

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
as a kid, at a family picnic, I took a length or rope, threw it around a branch, tied a loop in one end, & proceeded to demonstrate to a friend my genius way to climb a tree, meaning to pull on the loose end, with my foot in the loop. well. my foot went up as my head went crashing down :wacko: apparently I knew just enough about ropes to be dangerous.

meanwhile many years later a mountain/rock climber invented a device that lets one do something similar. FFWD to 3:36 for the mechanical ascender in action

Yebbut he's got his helmet on

PaulB

Legendary Member
My uncle was telling me a story about when he was doing his national service and the bet one fellow recruit made. He said he could get two pints in a one pint glass. He rebuffed all questions about what these pints should be composed of. After getting enough gambling action, this genius took an empty pint glass and filled it up with sand. He then took a pint milk bottle, filled it with water and then showed the rest of the barrack just how easy it was to trick physics by pouring the water into the sand!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
That's Henry Cooper.
No sheet Sherlock. I genuinely thought it was Crazy Bob Funkhauser. Who doesn't exist.

classic33

Leg End Member

Jumar Clamp or prussic loops?

Top Bottom