I won't buy it but I really would love to....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bobtoo

Über Member
There's no way that would escalate into three rows- one for buying* the car, one for buying the bike frame and a third for fibbing. :laugh:

Browsing these forums is like looking in a mirror sometimes ^_^

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Even if it ends up going for a hundred it's reasonable. If you don't you will always be thinking "what if".

OP
OP
simon the viking
Okay folks now the serious bit......

A week or two I replied to a thread about SWMBO's saying that we always discuss "not needed" significant purchases, this lovely frame clearly falls into that category and I would not get past the first sentence (I suffer from sensible wife syndrome) as the Defy2 is barely 3 months, so whilst I could buy it without her realising it I could not bring it home, without difficult questions on where it came from and how I intended to afford the restoration and I would be forced to 'fib' many times over (not a good idea in a relationship) so I am going to VERY reluctantly let this one slip though my fingers...as I had asked the seller some questions about size and weight etc for courier quotes, and he was very prompt at replying, I have contacted him to say thanks but sorry to which he assured it was not a problem.......

Besides if i had bought this I would have had no chance of convincing her that I "need" a Hardtail MTB soon:whistle:

OP
OP
simon the viking
As it finishes tommorrow I thought I would broach the subject tonight and didn't get past "There's this frame on ebay...... no "how much is it?" or nothing just a straight no:sad: followed by a "Don't mention it again"

Before you judge Mrs V I will add in her defence..... that at the weekend we did replace our mattress and washing machine with new ones and as I said the Defy is 3 months old and has a brand new Garmin attached to it .... so I'm not that hard done by and I would be buying a serious debt......

young Ed

Veteran
argue to mrs v the petrol money and car maintenance saving and that you will be riding more which makes you live longer thus you and here can spend more time together (giving more purchases such a hardtail mtb get in the way)
she has no valid argument! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
simon the viking
argue to mrs v the petrol money and car maintenance saving and that you will be riding more which makes you live longer thus you and here can spend more time together (giving more purchases such a hardtail mtb get in the way)
she has no valid argument! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Unfortunately the restoration/build costs would be horrendous...... and I cycle to work everyday to save dosh and I already have a good bike and a winter bike.... its an argument I can't win :sad:

young Ed

Veteran
Unfortunately the restoration/build costs would be horrendous...... and I cycle to work everyday to save dosh and I already have a good bike and a winter bike.... its an argument I can't win :sad:
thinking like thats not going to win any argument!
each bike has it's own reason for keep and has it's own character it gets instantly when you get it :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
simon the viking
Sell something! Quick! You must have stuff laying around which you no longer need. Stick it on ebay and fund it that way.

It looks like it may not sell.... It hasn't at the same price at least once before, It must be the restoration/rebuild costs (and its a little large at the equivelent of a modern 58cm... but I would just get away with the sizing) putting people off but even if i got it for £35 delivered I cant justify it because it would cost at least another hundred to get the frame how I wanted it (and I would want to do that straight away!) and then it would need a nice brooks saddle and and fab period 3 or 4 speed hub running on 27 inch rims....... That frame so needs me as its next owner but we are destined to be kept apart as it not worth the "heated discussions" if I bought it

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
It didn't sell..... It took considerable restraint not to put a bid in during the last 60 seconds I hope Mrs V apprieciates this fact......

Top Bottom