I wouldn't want to be in his shoes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I flew back from Carcassonne this afternoon and while I was handing the keys back for the hired car I had for a week, a gendarme came in the office and I heard him say:" we ( there were two more gendarmes outside) are bringing back this English man, he failed to stop at a stop sign which resulted in an accident . The car is a write off and he was also over the limit for alcohol." I wonder if they let him catch his plane ?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Zut alors!!!! Ils vont lui lancer le livre!

:stop:

Jimidh

Veteran
I flew back from Carcassonne this afternoon and while I was handing the keys back for the hired car I had for a week, a gendarme came in the office and I heard him say:" we ( there were two more gendarmes outside) are bringing back this English man, he failed to stop at a stop sign which resulted in an accident . The car is a write off and he was also over the limit for alcohol." I wonder if they let him catch his plane ?

I certainly hope they didn’t.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
They spoke very good English. :whistle:

Drago

Legendary Member
Sacre bleu!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I wonder if they let him catch his plane ?
Why wouldn't they? They know who he is, the insurance will cover the car, and for the moment at least we have a functional European extradition system.

I wouldn't expect the UK police to hold a traffic miscreant in custody if there was no injury. I wouldn't expect the Gemdarmerie to do different. The fact they brought him to the airport means they've taken the easy option of encouraging him to leave the country PDQ.

Top Bottom