IBAN Numbers - HELP!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

I'm selling something to someone in Spain. They are requesting I give them my IBAN number to transfer the funds - I've seen that it stands for INternational BANking number but apart from that I'm stumped - do you know how I find out what my one is? (is it the same as the account no?)

Cheers,

Mel.

Ring your bank and they will tell you what the IBAN number is for your bank/account. Had to do exactly the same myself a few years ago.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Melvil said:
I'm selling something to someone in Spain. They are requesting I give them my IBAN number to transfer the funds - I've seen that it stands for INternational BANking number but apart from that I'm stumped - do you know how I find out what my one is? (is it the same as the account no?)

Cheers,

Mel.
I had that in the summer... thought it might have been something predictable or already within the info I ususally have... however, I PHONED MY BANK, AND THEY GAVE ME ONE (OO'ER) over the phone....

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Oh - one more thing - just because I'm paranoid - it's not possible to scam someone by using their IBAN number is it? I do worry about these things...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Melvil said:
Oh - one more thing - just because I'm paranoid - it's not possible to scam someone by using their IBAN number is it? I do worry about these things...
I was worried. Mine was to Italy, so I took the plunge and all was well. But I would'nt do it to Nigeria, for example, personally....

Mine is on my statements...

Globalti

Legendary Member
Has the buyer in Spain offered to overpay you, the idea being that you pay the extra to his pal in London and pocket a commission?

There are lots of Nigerians in Spain. They like the religion and the weather.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

Rigid Raider said:
Has the buyer in Spain offered to overpay you, the idea being that you pay the extra to his pal in London and pocket a commission?

There are lots of Nigerians in Spain. They like the religion and the weather.

Not yet but I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

Top Bottom