ICE Full Fat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rhodesbennett

Hi All, New to the forum. I have ridden a two-wheeled recumbent for years but now I would like to get a Trike for off-roading. I am planning on moving to Alaska next year and I am looking for an awesome trike for off-roading. Alaska has thousands of miles of incredible trails for riding. I really like the look of the ICE Full Fat. I want the non-electric version. I have an X-seam of 50.5" and a torso height of 26.5." I am 6'8", 245 LBS and I really want to make this work for my size. I looked at the specifications on-line and I think my size could work with a few modifications. I would love to hear from anyone who has the Full Fat and get their input. Also, if there are other off-road trikes that you think I should consider, please send my way! I live in California and I have checked with all of the bike shops which are listed on the ICE website as carrying their brand and none have the Full Fat in stock for me to see in person. Cheers, Dan

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I dont think anyone in here has one. They are rare. First designed as a one off for a polar expedition. You see very little about them.

OP
OP
R

rhodesbennett

Thanks Steve! After watching some videos of off-road trikes I am starting to rethink going with a Full Fat. It appears that it might be suitable for some specific applications but not practical for general trail use, especially pushing through heavy brush on narrow trails! It would be great if forum members would chime in on their experience with off-road trikes of any configuration. My plan is to research over the next year and see if I can try a rental or two to help narrow down my choices. Cheers, Dan

I suspect most are sold outside the UK (CC seems to me to be a mostly UK forum). Check out the Bentrider forums, I think a few users there have them. Also Utah Trikes seem to modify many other trike models into “fat” versions.

I have used my Kettwiesel with differential off road and it does perform much better uphill than my tadpoles - it helps that there is more weight over the driven wheels. Downside is mine is a derailleur version and the mech is a bit vulnerable (I bent one once, lesson learned). A Rohloff would eliminate this problem. The front end is a bit light as well but stick a front wheel motor on and not only does that mean you’re less likely to do wheelies but you’ve got all-wheel drive too. Not many trikes can claim that!

OP
OP
R

rhodesbennett

I suspect most are sold outside the UK (CC seems to me to be a mostly UK forum). Check out the Bentrider forums, I think a few users there have them. Also Utah Trikes seem to modify many other trike models into “fat” versions.

Thanks 404 for the suggestion of Bentrider forums! Utah Trikes has a nice selection. Will probably end up going to their shop next year to see their selection. All the Best, Dan

grldtnr

No experience of fat trikes, but I do own an AZUB Tri tris, pretty pleased with it so far.
AZUB do have a good reputation in the US, so search them out, a lot of Americans ride fat tired ,suspended Azubs, some with motors,, give them a look up,

Top Bottom