ICE QNT Gets Electrified - Tongsheng TSDZ2 Content!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WIGHTDIAMOND

The hills on the Isle of Wight finally wore me down so this week I installed e-assist. When the weather breaks I'll be on a date with a baddest hill on the island!

EL-1.png

EL-2.png

EL-4.png

EL-5.png

EL-6.png

EL-7.png

sheddy

Legendary Member
Very nice.
For a moment I thought you'd got a powered sofa.

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

How far does it go with electric assist and what will those hills be like if the power fails?

30-60 miles, I believe, depending on type of usage and terrain.

If the electric assist fails the hills are likely to be just as painful as they were before I installed it. :biggrin:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Baddest hill on the island.....you mean there's only one? :smile: There's some nasty ones in the middle, as I remember from a sportive some years ago, but on the round-island loop I'd go for Blackgang if anti-clockwise, Freshwater Bay if clockwise. With a special mention for Quarr Hill (clockwise) because it's just what you don't want with sixty-odd miles in your legs...

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

Baddest hill on the island.....you mean there's only one? :smile: There's some nasty ones in the middle, as I remember from a sportive some years ago, but on the round-island loop I'd go for Blackgang if anti-clockwise, Freshwater Bay if clockwise. With a special mention for Quarr Hill (clockwise) because it's just what you don't want with sixty-odd miles in your legs...

Yep, there are loads! E-assist was always going to happen, I guess. It was that or install bionic buttocks. :biggrin:

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

Just come back from a test ride and I have to say I'm stunned at how good this system is. Hills I struggled up at 3mph now fly by at 10-15. The time and money to install this were well worth while!! Brilliant!!

I electrified my Kett for SWMBO to ride. First steep hill ridden up on full power I got a Strava KoM and a rather surprised Audi driver behind me! (I did delete the ride from Strava... apart from anything it mucked up my own records). Without power, it just feels like riding as usual, the extra weight does make itself apparent uphill but no worse than a return from the supermarket load.

Top Bottom