ICE QNT With Archeer A106 Bluetooth Speaker Installed In Headrest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WIGHTDIAMOND

As the title suggests, I wanted radio (both from a standard radio and also from my phone) but in the form of a speaker instead of headphones. I'm not keen on wearing headphones when riding and I rarely listen to anything but talk radio so it won't disturb anyone, especially as it's right behind my head, so low volume only required. The video shows how I set that up if anyone is interested. The little speaker is currently on offer on Amazon for a little over a tenner and it produces a very decent sound both for speech and music.

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

If anyone saw my post where I installed the car horn under the seat being powered by a small power bank designed to jump start engines as well as charge phones etc.., that same gadget keeps the speaker fully charged. One of the wires coming from the side of the speaker goes to the radio, the other to the power bank.

OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

Nice set up e assist and your done blinging your trike :hyper::hyper:

Oh there's a couple more mods before that up my sleeve. :biggrin: Definitely in the end game, though! I also installed a 2L CamelBak drink bag behind the seat. Will post a couple of pics when I get chance. And the frame colour will be getting an upgrade this week I hope.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
That’s a good setup. I agree that a speaker is a lot better option than headphones. I use one of these water bottle shaped Bluetooth gizmos, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HI19...t=&hvlocphy=1006679&hvtargid=pla-379757085560 It’s a really good budget option as it lasts around 3 hours, gives a good quality sound, is waterproof, and of good construction (I’ve been using it for almost a yearj. It’s perfect on the Catrike as it sits snuggly in the bottle cage holder between my knees. It can also be swapped between bikes in seconds, and I can carry it in my rucksack pocket on walks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WIGHTDIAMOND

WIGHTDIAMOND

That’s a good setup. I agree that a speaker is a lot better option than headphones. I use one of these water bottle shaped Bluetooth gizmos, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HI19...t=&hvlocphy=1006679&hvtargid=pla-379757085560 It’s a really good budget option as it lasts around 3 hours, gives a good quality sound, is waterproof, and of good construction (I’ve been using it for almost a yearj. It’s perfect on the Catrike as it sits snuggly in the bottle cage holder between my knees. It can also be swapped between bikes in seconds, and I can carry it in my rucksack pocket on walks.

Yes, they look good too. My main reason for using this one was noise. Behind my head I can keep the volume levels at a point where it's really only me who hears it.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Yes, they look good too. My main reason for using this one was noise. Behind my head I can keep the volume levels at a point where it's really only me who hears it.

I find it helpful that others hear me coming. Especially walkers on cycle paths. Rather than having to slow down, and say excuse me, they hear me coming from 100 yards away. Also helps when overtaking slower cyclists on narrow paths.

When the World Cup was on, I sailed through Doncaster tc with ‘Vindaloo’ blaring out, to Cheers from dozens of pi55ed up footy fans outside the pubs. Oh, on the last day of work before Christmas, ‘Merry Christmas everyone’ also drew some cheers.

Can anyone think of an Easter song I can download?:headshake:

Top Bottom