ICE Sprint > Electrifying It

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Manguish

Sorry if i missed any info previously - i couldn't find an answer.

What's the best option for retrofitting an electric setup to my ICE Sprint?

Just toying with the idea for now - any and all info much appreciated.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I looked into it last year about £600 I'll keep pedalling until my knees wear out.

DaddyPaddey

I used my son's KMX with electric pedalec last year as I could ride it with a hand in plaster. Absolutely brilliant. Upset a couple of 'well 'ard rodies' as I effortly slid past on one of our local climbs. well worth saving up for, though the extra weight means that on the ups you will be turning electrics on when previously you would have ridden up.

I used my son's KMX with electric pedalec last year as I could ride it with a hand in plaster. Absolutely brilliant. Upset a couple of 'well 'ard rodies' as I effortly slid past on one of our local climbs. well worth saving up for, though the extra weight means that on the ups you will be turning electrics on when previously you would have ridden up.

Some years ago my MiL was in her early 70's and struggling with hills

Coincidentally Velovision were selling an ex review ZZap Electric Cruiser

image2.aspx?filename=2000%20Zap%20Electricruizer%20DX-SX.jpg

It was superb, and with a light pensioner on board - it was fast!

She used to love waiting for teenagers to come alongside then burn them up

hi there
we have fitted e-assist to several trikes , the xiongda 2 speed XD and the Q100 motors both work well with 36v 10ah batteries, my preference is the 328 rpm q100 in a 20" wheel , both threads are buried in this forum both started by me.
range is about 18 25 miles dependant on the use of the throttle rather than using the pedelec sensor and power setting , we use about the middle setting most of the time for a quicker ride, averaging about 14 mph

regards Emma

starhawk

I electrified my Trice Q, the Sprints ancestor. I bought a kit from Ecoride, the general thought was that they have a shop in Stockholm so I could get help if any problem arise. I had to modify the speed sensor as it was made for a smaller bottom bracket and some of the electric wires had to be extended and I had to build o box to house the controlbox, otherwise it was rather simple as it is a motor hub arrangement. numbnuts estimate is a little low, mine landed at about 800£ including the 10Ah Litium battery. But it is very nice to have, I can ride much further and the hills are less of a problem nowadays.

the bms q100 kit from china with duty and carriage is about £270 and a 36v bottle battery inc charger from pedaleze about £200 delivered . It is possible to have a reliable setup in the UK for under £500 .

chose the kit to suit the wheel size
328 for 20" or 201 for 26" wheels .
regards Emma

Top Bottom