ICE!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a_n_t

Calum said:
Our Holme Moss ride was bloody cold. The wind chill up on the peak district must have been about -5!

yeah, was nice other than that though, and I managed to stay upright for 60 miles!:laugh:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Plenty of frozen puddles at the sides of the lanes today, but no ice on the roads.
According to the foracast Tuesday looks it could be interesting though...sleet overnight and -1

HelenD123

Guru
I can confirm there's ice in East Yorkshire and lots of it! I managed to fall off twice on our ride. Didn't do any serious damage fortunately. And we had to push a car out of a field that spun off the road behind us:ohmy:.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Humph - steaming and going no-where...bugger......................................literally.....

I wish I could have got through.......:bravo:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Cold here, cold enough that a couple of colleagues decided to stay at home as their road was icy - a rare event, although they turned up later once a combination of the sun and the school run traffic had sorted it out. My route was clear of ice except on one overpass (easily avoided) and a couple of areas where there is always a bit of run-off from the fields, but it's always clear towards the centre of the road. Otherwise just a bit of frost and a bit of fog- not much, the fog started getting thicker after I arrived.

This'll be the first winter in some time when I may consider changing my 23mm armadillos for something else.

Bodhbh

Guru
Been a really gorgeous weekend for the time of year. Literally - I mean really literally - absolute pure blue sky, not a single cloud. But the backroads are tretcherous as hell with the ice staying around all day long.

Have been thinking about biking the South Downs Way for sometime, really kicking myself didn't do it this weekend. Would have gotten out in the weather and avoided the icy roads both.

Top Bottom