iClic Pedals - Should I buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snailracer

Über Member
Couldn't see any recalls on that page - and anyway, if we all thought like that no one would ever buy a sodding thing.
You have to click on the Union flag to see the recalls. I personally will wait to see others try pedals first after seeing a mate of mine injured in the Eggbeaters fiasco.

The Eggbeaters Fiasco?

snailracer

Über Member
^^
If you google "spindle stress riser", the top two hits are about broken spindles on Crank Bros Eggbeaters clipless pedals.

I should stress that Time iClics are a completely different product, made by a different manufacturer and their pedal will likely never break, I am just supporting my principle of not being an early adopter when it comes to safety-critical parts.

andyhunter

i have a pair of time iclic titan ti carbon pedals, i upgraded from the previous time rxs ulteam ti titan carbon pedals, no other pedal on the market is as good as time pedals in my personally opnion, as your can get a serious amount of power down due to the area size of the pedal, best thing is doing away with a spring and using flexable carbon plate.

OP
OP
madguern

madguern

Well full ride today but would stress that people do need to check on site esepcially when buyiong top end pedals. The iclic instructions give a maximum weight suitable for the Ti spindles. This is 90kilos, glad I didn't have the £200 plus to purchase the posh ones.

My first full ride at the weekend and found foot supported well, easy to engage and disengage and more importantly distance not a problem with hostspot. Very impressed and happy with my transition from SPD to iclic.

Cheers

Top Bottom