Ideal moutain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
teaboy

teaboy

Über Member
Had a dyno but took of they are the work of the devil keeping the light I think it looks cool .Yeah I know I am a sad old sod maybe I can mod it with a pound shop Led

know

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Had a dyno but took of they are the work of the devil keeping the light I think it looks cool .Yeah I know I am a sad old sod maybe I can mod it with a pound shop Led

know
Run a 6v battery pack to power it up, I've got the same front lamp on my latest project (1986 3spd Raleigh City) but I'd got a Shimano 'dynahub' kicking around in my shed (left over from when I converted Marian's Dawes over to a front wheel electric drive kit) so got my wheelbuilder to lace it up to the another rim the same as he'd laced the original 3spd SA hub (converted from 26x1 3/8 to 700c wheels for better tyre choice)

OP
OP
teaboy

teaboy

Über Member
Run a 6v battery pack to power it up, I've got the same front lamp on my latest project (1986 3spd Raleigh City) but I'd got a Shimano 'dynahub' kicking around in my shed (left over from when I converted Marian's Dawes over to a front wheel electric drive kit) so got my wheelbuilder to lace it up to the another rim the same as he'd laced the original 3spd SA hub (converted from 26x1 3/8 to 700c wheels for better tyre choice)
Blimey I got to say how much I envy people who do stuff like that

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Peterborough,being a bastion of Scotland bloke,They tell me Bob is a master when it comes to wheels.
The bike shop is in Leicester not Peterborough and the guys name is John. He'll be really busy at this time of year though building wheels for racing sidecar outfits (A lot of CRMC and VMCC sidecars and most of the Morgan 3 wheelers that race have wheels done by John) in fact he often returns to the shop after he has closed and works til 10-11 at night with the radio on (not much of a TV fan) as then he doesn't have the distraction of customers.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Sorry,have I got the wrong person ?
Apologies
No you've got the right guy it's just that his name is actually John, the shop is called Bob Warner cycles and a lot of people mistakenly call him Bob.
He is a famous wheelbuilder not only for bikes but classic sports cars and motorcycles/sidecars and Morgan 3 wheelers.............. even prams

Top Bottom