Ideal moutain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey,just a thought @teaboy,if you plan to take it onto slightly rougher trails,but want some smoothness for the road.
You would have to go to 1.75 width,and I would suggest Continental Travel Contact or Schwalbe Land Cruisers.
They can take some abuse on the gravelly or stony corners.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Well I am 67 yrs old and have always ridden road type bikes and vintage 3 speeds never a mountain bike But never to late to learn new things I guess Photo is how I brought it except it had a top box the size the size of a coffin Question if I fit road tyres would it be a tourer?
Plenty of road tyres that would fit 26". Continental Travel Contact for one. I put some on my MTB to ride it 30 miles to Centerparcs and they were soooo much better than knobblies on tarmac. :smile:

OP
OP
teaboy

teaboy

Über Member
See how I get on this weekend if I can keep up with fancy pants Mtbs I will leave it like it is. But like I said these bikes are all new to me suck it and see eh

Don't think that would be any benefit at all.

^^^^^
This
It would make for an interesting ride :smile:

Looking forward to that[ I think] I am so pleased with my new 40 quid bike .last bike I got was a 1990 3 speed raliegh with a mashed wheel paid a fiver and spent so much money on mods I cant bring myself to add it all up! So its win some lose some
That should have read 30 MPH +.
I have saw myself reaching 46 MPH on my locals,and that was just the corners :biggrin:

Top Bottom