Ideas for a present needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
A couple who are close relatives? It may be too late, but a DNA kit could be useful in sorting out any possible weird mutations in their offspring later on.

Seriously now, when in doubt, buy booze. Anything else for 30 bucks will end up in a charity shop in due course. I've never seen unwanted booze in a charity shop, ever.
We did that last year. Unlike me they dont really drink much
He has bottles of malt that have there years..... sad man.
She does enjoy wine though.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Haha.....that is so tempting :laugh:

Saga are doing a black Friday deal still.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Nothing specific - I don't know 'em - but I got some good advice from my daughter when stuck in a similar situation. She said to have a think about things they like that are worn out and get 'em a new one. Or just things they like and get 'em another one. Or things they moan about and get 'em one that works properly. Sounds obvious I suppose, but it'd never occurred to me.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I think you misread the op. Its the Wirral. Nobody needs locks on the Wirral.
Yeah,nice and safe being so close to Liverpool eh!:rolleyes:

Generally, if people don't need any more "dust traps", then foodie gifts usually go down well.

I would avoid buying pre-bought hampers though, as they are expensive for what they are. It's much nicer to put something together from scratch, and be able to tailor it to the recipients' tastes. Besides, there are so many lovely edibles in the shops at this time of year.

The cheeseboard idea is a good one - *if* they like cheese. Get the board, and perhaps four pieces of really nice cheese (say, a cave aged Cheddar, a Camembert, some vintage Gouda and a Dolcelatte), a jar of those big Sicilian olives and a jar of really good chutney.

Slick

Guru
We did that last year. Unlike me they dont really drink much
He has bottles of malt that have there years..... sad man.
She does enjoy wine though.
Lots of people collect malts without ever intending to drink them. I fell heir to my old man's collection and don't ever intend tasting any of them for a few different reasons.

Top Bottom