Ideas for summer trip?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isthatreal

My friend and I have done LE to JOG, The Alps & The Dolomites in recent years and are starting to think about what to do this summer...

It would be good to do something a bit different rather than just ticking off say The Pyrenees... any ideas? We were thinking maybe USA?

We don't however just want to go and tour a foreign clime. It is necessary that it is a tough physical challenge, including serious climbing...

Many thanks!

jay clock

Massive member
Canada to Mexico down the Pacific coast? Always struck me as nice. Or UK to Africa (France and Spain and a day over in Tangiers)? Round Lake Ontario?

oops just seen the climbing bit.... Denver to San Fran? Baja California if you want an adventure (not for the summer though, too hot)

Randochap

Senior hunter
May I recommend British Columbia.

You could do a west to east, east-west, or fly in to some place like White Horse in the Yukon and decend via Alaska Highway, or, my preference, Highway 37 (Stuart Cassiar).

If you really wanted to do the big one, decend the Dempster Highway from Inuvik, south, then down the Alcan and #37. Trip of a lifetime, guaranteed.

Check my website (stories) for a few adventures, Especially the ones titled "Cougar, Cougar, Burning Bright" and "Full Circle." I hope to get the northern tour up sometime over the winter.

Also, see my photos.

amaferanga

Veteran
1) Atlas Mountains, Morocco
2) Simien Mountains, Northern Ethiopia
3) Bale Mountains, Southern Ethiopia

How long do you have? What sort of bikes do you have? Do you want it to be tough cycling with nice comfortable hotels and good food at the end of the day or are you prepared to rough it a bit? If you're not then probably ignore the above...

Top Bottom