Identify please....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frazer

I have a photo which i took during the 2005 Tour de France...most of the riders are obvious but can anyone identify all of them? The qualitys not fantastic but you can make them out ok....
Nickstripphotos041.jpg

OP
OP
F

Frazer

by the way it was on stage 11, Courchevel to Briancon, towards the end of the stage (past the Col du Galibier)

this from cyclingnews.com for that stage...

"With 4km to go to the summit of the Galibier, Vino was still alone in the lead, 0'40 ahead of Botero and 2'55 in front of the groupe maillot jaune. A magnificent George Hincapie was riding the tempo on the front for Discovery Channel, ahead of the perfect formation of Savoldelli, Azevedo, maillot jaune Armstrong, with teammate Popovych guarding his wheel. Jan Ullrich was right there, as was maillot à pois Rasmussen (Rabobank), Moreau (CA), Basso, Julich and Sastre (CSC), Landis (Phonak), Valverde in his maillot blanc of Best Young Rider and Mancebo (Illes Balears), Mazzoleni (Lampre-Cafitta), Piepoli (SDV), Evans (Davitamon-Lotto), Leipheimer (Gerolsteiner) and Jaksche (Liberty Seguros)."

L

rustychisel

yeah, probably Azevedo in front, and a Liberty rider (Jaksche) almost in picture at the rear.

I was there too on that stage, a couple of clicks below the summit of the Galibier. Major good times.

[leans back, sucks in cheeks, and reflects] Aye, those were the days. Back then you knew who the champions were. No cheating, drug taking filth in the race then... The men were men and the winners obvious...

[sudden thought] Eehhhhhh like. Didn't Vino 'win' on that stage too?

Ends.

Top Bottom