Identifying this bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I can't find a direct match for it - the Aqua Dama looks the same in all the decals, fork etc but not the seat stays.

Anyway, I guess for selling purposes I would just present it how it is, as accurately and honestly as possible. Any money you spend on converting it to drops will not be got back in the sale.

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

How do you mean...to drops?
Yes to drops? Making it a proper roadie.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes to drops? Making it a proper roadie.
Messes up the geometry. You'll need bars, tape, brifters, new cables, stem, maybe a mech depending on the pull etc. I've done it the other way, roadbike to flats, the bike ended up way too small and wasn't right even with an extra 3cm of stem

I wouldn't bother unless you have all the parts, you'll make much more money selling as it

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
well it would be restoring the geometry as it was originally drop bar

but this is very true, not worth it if just selling on.
That is not for sure - it might have always been flat bar based on discussion above...no one is 100% sure which model it is (the black stays are a mystery)!

OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

It's getting listed as is, my head was saying "MMMMMMM wouldn't that look tasty as a roadie, cleaned up and re-furbed, nice sleek white and black look...." but my heart must rule here. I was even starting think, that would be good for me ! When I already have a custom fitted roadie brand new last year.....

Top Bottom