Idiot cyclist hits bollard and cuts chin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Not too long ago I was riding my bike without clipless shoes. As I approached a kerb to hop onto the sidewalk, I wanted to pull the right pedal up so I can pull a wheelie to hop onto the sidewalk.

Of course, I couldn't pull the pedal up because I wasn't wearing clipless at the time and ended up hitting the kerb and falling over.

The really funny bit was the shriek sound I made when I realised what was about to happen.

Stephen C

Über Member

Well, I was once cycling on a cycle path last January which was ice free right up to the point I gently squeezed the brake and the bike disappeared from under me... I smacked my chin hard on the ground and ended up with six stitches and a scar (apparently the bone was visible through the wound but I was too busy holding the flap of flesh up to my face to notice!)

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Bollards...........!!

these three in Sarf London confuse me...they serve no purpose and jup out of the kerb on a bend as you approach parked cars on the opposite side.

Billards_zpsa7jr9lc7.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
Crashed due to vision impaired by shadows robjh.
In Germany they would have had a road sign warning you of 'shaded area with possibility of concealed hazards' in that sort of situation (strassen schaden...spg?), so blame it on the UK signing policy rather than yourself:smile:.

postman

Legendary Member
Yes i do.This year i rode off a perfectly flat road,nobody about,onto a grass banking.:banghead:

I tried to bump up a low kerb to get out the way of an ambulance..... yeah... the kerb wasn't as low as I thought.... the ambulance then slowed to see if I was okay... kind of defeated my original thinking and some irony involved as well.....

Drago

Legendary Member
They took those traffic calming bottle necks out again in Milton Keynes after they caused the accident rate to skyrocket. All they did was turn a speeding issue into a head-on-collision issue.

Reactions: mjr

Lonestar

Veteran
I can trump the lot of you (ooer) The straps on my bag got caught in a van (last week) and I went flying over 100+ yards up the road at somehwere near 30 MPH.My bike had the good sense to stay behind.

Lonestar

Veteran
Oof, sounds painful.
Did anyone get a video?

Haven't heard a bean about my little trick.I've cut offending straps off now.Perhaps I had it done up wrong.No video but if there had been one it would have been of low flying aircraft.

Last edited:
Top Bottom