Idiot cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Coming home from work last night, i over took a roadie going up hill, no big deal but he obviously got the hump, i normally cycle a couple of foot away from the kerb, he tried to queeze up the inside just as a bus was overtaking, the bus then stopped i went around the bus he went up the pavement, nearly took out a couple of peds. i did not see where he went after that, hopefully into the ditch,
What makes people do stupid things like that.

400bhp

Guru
2 things - just below the waist.

runner

Guru
I hate undertaking and it happens sometimes to me on the bath to bristol cycle path...it's dangerous..what is the point..someday I will pull into the left at the wrong time and collide with some idiot cyclist:cursing:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Or even when someone sneaks up and drafts on you left. I guess the majority of my lifesavers are over my right shoulder. A nearside drafter is easy to miss

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Some people just don't think ahead. I had someone try to come past me on the left once when i was riding the rickshaw. He got rather upset when I nearly squashed him against a tree.:wacko:

stephen.rooke

was cycling behind a couple of guys today, was closing fast on them but one suddenly decided to go across the road and up the path, shot across a juncton on the pavement and was nearly taken out by a van, he was only missed by inches, some very silly cyclists out there

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

[QUOTE 1836071, member: 9609"]Just pacing myself for the long climb ahead, a commuter whizzes past - more than likely just trying to score some childish point by passing a real cyclist (you get them:rolleyes: ), but it is clear he has not got the legs for the climb ahead and I have soon caught him without altering my speed. I can't work out what he is doing, such an exaggerated primary position - is he turning right? His legs are weakening all the time and we are soon down to 7mph, as I sort of draw level he tries to block my path my moving in front of me:o) - a bus then passes and pulls into a stop, I just hang back behind the bus and let the mad commuter get on with his pedantry.[/quote]
What is it you are trying to say.

WilliamNB

[QUOTE 1836071, member: 9609"]Just pacing myself for the long climb ahead, a commuter whizzes past - more than likely just trying to score some childish point by passing a real cyclist (you get them:rolleyes: ), but it is clear he has not got the legs for the climb ahead and I have soon caught him without altering my speed. I can't work out what he is doing, such an exaggerated primary position - is he turning right? His legs are weakening all the time and we are soon down to 7mph, as I sort of draw level he tries to block my path my moving in front of me:o) - a bus then passes and pulls into a stop, I just hang back behind the bus and let the mad commuter get on with his pedantry.[/quote]

OK, so what exactly is your definition of a "real cyclist" as clearly, going by your statement, somebody who merely uses their bicycle to commute all year round the 10 miles or so to work aren't "real cyclists"?

defy-one

OK, so what exactly is your definition of a "real cyclist" as clearly, going by your statement, somebody who merely uses their bicycle to commute all year round the 10 miles or so to work aren't "real cyclists"?

You beat me to it - roadies,commuters or the Sunday cyclist trying to get fit ARE ALL CYCLIST, and every section has idiots within that group!

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

[QUOTE 1836384, member: 9609"]In the grand tradition of the commuting forum your entire post needs to be turned inside out until you are entirely to blame.

How the **** can i be blamed for some one doing something stupid, or was it you.[/quote]

WilliamNB

[QUOTE 1836384, member: 9609"]Somebody who adorns themselves in lycra, wears a helmet along with those nifty shades that are only sold in cycling shops.[/quote]

Aaahh, I see your point now. You're saying that as long as somebody wears Lycra, a helmet and shades they're a "real cyclist", regardless of whether they have a bicycle or not, and those that actually ride the bikes (even those for whom a bicycle is their primary, or perhaps even only source of transport) aren't "real cyclists" at all.

A very... erm.... unique perspective you have there. There are people that can help with such afflictions, you know. I strongly urge you to contact them!

Top Bottom