Idiot Cyclist!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bazzadigz C+

I'm cycling down Roseberry Avenue and I reach the junction with Farringdon, the lights have turned red so I slow down and stop. Next thing I hear is a screech of brakes and melting tyres followed by left foot being taken from under me!

No sure how or why he didnt see me stopped or why the numpty was trying to over take me on the left.

Anyway I manged to cushion my fall and ended up sitting the curb in agony. He then says sorry and asks if im OK, thinking that he just made a serious error of judgement I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said "no not really I think my ankle is damaged", I look down towards my leg and as I look up he does a runner! :smile:...

Not being too far from work i decide to hobble in. Now im sitting here in the office with one leg up contemplating going to the doctors, the only problem is I know im going to get the usual "you see cycling is too dangerous and i think you should give it up" from my girlfriend if i go home...two of my bosses have also said the same. :wacko:

Maz

Guru
That's terrible, bazza. You need to report this to the police and get yourself checked out. Did you get his reg? Any witnesses?

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Maz is right. This must go to the police. The driver injured you, then left the scene of the accident. That's an offence.

You never know, if you report it, they might find some witnesses.

Cycling wouldn't be dangerous if it weren't for numpties like this one.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
That's terrible, bazza. You need to report this to the police and get yourself checked out. Did you get his reg? Any witnesses?

Reg? He was a cyclist wasn't he?

Unless his name was Reg, but I don't see how we can know this...

Very bad luck bazzadigz, hop the ankle gets well soon. But take it to the doctor, better safe than sorry. As for cycling being dangerous, well, it obviously wasn't for the other chap, was it? Unless you catch sight of him again tomorrow....

Maz

Guru
Tynan said:
was it a car or a bike that ran into you?
good point. Must've been another cyclist, judging by the thread title.

Arch said:
Reg? He was a cyclist wasn't he?

Unless his name was Reg, but I don't see how we can know this...

Very bad luck bazzadigz, hop the ankle gets well soon. But take it to the doctor, better safe than sorry. As for cycling being dangerous, well, it obviously wasn't for the other chap, was it? Unless you catch sight of him again tomorrow....

:smile:

I hop it does too.
Bad luck baz - maybe stand there tomorrow with one of those massive cartoon plasters on your leg and watch for red cheeks? (Hoping that uou don't need a real plaster of course:wacko: )

Maz

Guru
Arch said:
Reg? He was a cyclist wasn't he?....
er, well, er, yeah...i i knew that! Er 'get his reg' is cockney rhyming slang for 'kick his leg'. "Did you kick his leg?" i.e. retaliate.

...but with a bustup ankle that's probably not a good idea.

I'll get my coat...

domtyler

Über Member
Aperitif said:
:angry:

I hop it does too.
Bad luck baz - maybe stand there tomorrow with one of those massive cartoon plasters on your leg and watch for red cheeks? (Hoping that uou don't need a real plaster of course:wacko: )

I was thinking along the lines of a baseball bat and/or brass knuckles myself! :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aperitif said:
:rolleyes:

I hop it does too.

;) Perhaps I needed punctuation, as in "Hop, the ankle gets well soon..."

OP
OP
B

bazzadigz C+

Thanks for the comments folks.

Yeah it was a bike, i think the car drivers had little smug looks on thier faces after a cyclist had taken out on of their own :biggrin:

I would have replied earlier but I was sent to the hospital about 10mins after i made the post..also i have no broadband at home at the moment :sad:. The xray showed I had a dislocated toe, the doc said he thinks i had pulled my hamstring as well.

My boss went mental when i turned up on my bike today! :becool:

Top Bottom