Idiot Florida cyclist. One of many.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharleyFarley

While driving home from a store, this morning, I captured a lunatic cyclist on the dash cam. He's the kind that gets us all a bad name. Cops don't bother with them until it's time to scrape them off the road. As the pickup truck turns right, watch the cyclist come from the left on the other side of the highway. He runs a red light and is riding on the wrong side of the road. Throughout the county there are numerous 'ghost bikes' and signs where a cyclist was killed. Personally, I find Florida drivers, although a bit crazy, do look out for cyclists.

IDIOT CYCLIST

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
Yeah its not clever but he doesn't give me a bad name, much like dangerous drivers don't give me a bad name. :okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
My parents gave me a bad name.

I didn't see what was so bad with the cycling TBH. Great big wide open road, broad daylight, good sight lines. I've seen a lot dafter cycling. I'm more concerned about a motorist who can't tell their left from their right.

Gunk

Guru
I see much worst than that every day, mainly entitled Lycra clad sports cyclists believing that red lights don’t apply to them. I saw one almost get knocked off in Stow On The Wold a week ago and he behaved as if he had nothing wrong.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
If that's bad then you need to come and visit the centre of Leeds. There you'll see really bad. E-motorbikes (bikes with giant electric motors/batteries/throttles) zooming through traffic the wrong way/through red lights/pavements and pedestrianised areas at speed. It's chaos and the police just go "be careful".

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Today I saw a rider on an electric bike/moped, i don't really know what to call it, riding in a cycle lane until he got to a set of traffic lights.
He then went up onto the pavement as the lights were against us, cut across the junction and then rejoined the road further up. Madness.

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

I didn't see what was so bad with the cycling TBH. Great big wide open road, broad daylight, good sight lines. I've seen a lot dafter cycling. I'm more concerned about a motorist who can't tell their left from their right.
I guess when you're a cyclist who obeys all the laws as I do (seriously) seeing others who have no regard for the law irks me. Still, I'm unlikely to be the next victim of my own stupidity and contact with a speeding car.

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

While I'm on the subject of bad cyclists, how about bad drivers, too? I read an article, yesterday, about new cameras in the U.K. that can see inside cars. They can tell if you're using a phone, wearing a seat belt and speeding, and maybe other things a driver ought not to be doing. Oh, it can also check your road tax and insurance to see if they are current. Some drivers are protesting, saying it's an invasion of their privacy. Laws are made for everyone, not just the bad drivers, so the way I see it, they're not entitled to privacy in a public place, especially when they intentionally break the laws.

A Londoner by birth, I used to drive from the coast to London, or from the Northamptonshire area to London, and it was always a relief to get out of London. (I've driven the wrong way in a bus lane when they were first introduced.) From what I read, things have gotten worse, if that's possible, which makes the new cameras a necessity.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@CharleyFarley - they can. And protesters are cutting the cameras down, sometimes demonstrating their stupidity - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/police-dewsbury-make-two-arrests-28017867

winjim

Smash the cistern
I guess when you're a cyclist who obeys all the laws as I do (seriously) seeing others who have no regard for the law irks me. Still, I'm unlikely to be the next victim of my own stupidity and contact with a speeding car.

I'm maybe being a little facetious, especially as I wanted an excuse to make a joke about your typo, but it's far from the worst transgression I've seen. I'm sure that both you and they could see more than was evident on that video though, so I can't really pass judgement.

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

@CharleyFarley - they can. And protesters are cutting the cameras down, sometimes demonstrating their stupidity - https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/local-news/police-dewsbury-make-two-arrests-28017867
I was aware of speed cameras being cut down, and the ULEZ cameras, so it's just a matter of time before they start cutting down the AI cameras that can see inside your car. I guess they're going to have to put armored protection around all the cameras. They're here to stay. Or it's just a matter of time before satellites do the job. Let the thugs mess with those!

OP
OP
CharleyFarley

CharleyFarley

I'm maybe being a little facetious, especially as I wanted an excuse to make a joke about your typo, but it's far from the worst transgression I've seen. I'm sure that both you and they could see more than was evident on that video though, so I can't really pass judgement.

I don't know where my typo was so let's hear your joke.

Anyway, I guess he knew what he was doing, but you can only get away with that for so long until you end up in a mortuary, and a sign is erected in your name. There were cars to the right of the video, stopped at the light. And there was a space of about four feet or so between them and the kerb through which he rode. And we have passengers who open doors to dump trash on the road. Obviously he wasn't afraid of getting doored. Caution is the secret to survival.

Incidentally, there was a car that came out from the McDonald's restaurant across the junction and went into the lane next to the double yellow lines. He had the right to make a left or drive straight across. Had he been there just a second or two sooner, the cyclist might have been no more. People floor the gas pedal to beat the light before it turns red.

Top Bottom