Idiot Florida cyclist. One of many.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
While I'm on the subject of bad cyclists, how about bad drivers, too? I read an article, yesterday, about new cameras in the U.K. that can see inside cars. They can tell if you're using a phone, wearing a seat belt and speeding, and maybe other things a driver ought not to be doing. Oh, it can also check your road tax and insurance to see if they are current. Some drivers are protesting, saying it's an invasion of their privacy. Laws are made for everyone, not just the bad drivers, so the way I see it, they're not entitled to privacy in a public place, especially when they intentionally break the laws.

A Londoner by birth, I used to drive from the coast to London, or from the Northamptonshire area to London, and it was always a relief to get out of London. (I've driven the wrong way in a bus lane when they were first introduced.) From what I read, things have gotten worse, if that's possible, which makes the new cameras a necessity.

That's something we have here already: They photograph the driver of a car if it is speeding and the image is very high quality. A client asked us to help them get a lawyer and help them dispute a speeding ticket and showed us this letter. He was firmly told to pay the fine. Most social workers are tree hugging hippies and we don't have much sympathy for speeding drivers...

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I don't see anything dangerous there. Huge wide road, broad daylight. And 1 stopped car.

If you want dangerous come to Wales and cycle down a 1 car road with a huge tractor with extra wheels on it coming towards you and you have 2 inches of room and end up squashed into the hedge to try to stop him wiping you out. Now that is what I call a change your bloomers time.

simongt

Guru
If that's bad then you need to come and visit the centre of Leeds. There you'll see really bad. E-motorbikes (bikes with giant electric motors/batteries/throttles) zooming through traffic the wrong way/through red lights/pavements and pedestrianised areas at speed. It's chaos and the police just go "be careful".
Then by that standard, Norwich and Leeds must be 'twin cities' - ! :rofl:

Alex321

Veteran
I don't see anything dangerous there. Huge wide road, broad daylight. And 1 stopped car.

If you want dangerous come to Wales and cycle down a 1 car road with a huge tractor with extra wheels on it coming towards you and you have 2 inches of room and end up squashed into the hedge to try to stop him wiping you out. Now that is what I call a change your bloomers time.

Been there!

A couple of times, I have turned round and ridden back to the last gateway I passed.

Top Bottom