Idiots,fools and naughty words.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Effing useless telephone company,who have vans all over the country.Were once the cream of the crop.Have cut off my mil's phone.

Story is a chap has bought a flat in the street my mother lives in,and has done for ever and ever.So his flat number is the same as my mil's house number.But her address is B*********n Drive,he lives at B*********n Court.Which is next door to my mil,it was til the late 80's a field.But a block of flats were built,numbered 1-8.Now The Ambulance service can find it,the Fire Brigade,Social Services,Milkmen,Cabbies even Santa.But the telephone company say it does not exist,and are insisting the bloke is taking over my mil's house.
Five phone calls,latest one last night by my wife,this morning FOUR letters arrived including one saying sorry you are leaving and they have cut her OFF.She is having to use her mobile.
It's causing them both stress,the total stupidity and crass incompetence is mind blowing.

This could take weeks to sort out.

Last edited:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Effing useless telephone company,who have vans all over the country.Were once the cream of the crop.Have cut off my mil's phone.

Stupid cretins.

Story is a chap has bought a flat in the street my mother lives in,and has done for ever and ever.So his flat number is the same as my mil's house number.But her address is B*********n Drive,he lives at B*********n Court.Which is next door to my mil,it was til the late 80's a field.But a block of flats were built,numbered 1-8.Now The Ambulance service can find it,the Fire Brigade,Social Services,Milkmen,Cabbies even Santa.But the telephone company say it does not exist,and are insisting the bloke is taking over my mil's house.
Five phone calls,latest one last night by my wife,this morning FOUR letters arrived including one saying sorry you are leaving and they have cut her OFF.She is having to use her mobile.
It's causing them both stress,the total stupidity and crass incompetence is mind blowing.

This could take weeks to sort out.

Whist I sympathise with your situation, could you reconsider the use of the word I've highlighted?

It's like calling someone a "mong". It's about learning disabilities

Thanks

Julia9054

Guru
I'm sorry to hear that but it doesn't surprise me. It took us over 3 months when we moved house to sort out phone and internet. This included BT insisting that they had to send out an engineer to install a phone line. "There is already a phone line and a phone connected to it"
"Our records show that there isn't "
"I'm talking to you on it"
They insisted on sending the engineer anyway.
After 6 weeks, it was all connected and working. For 3 days. They had opened 2 accounts by mistake and decided to cancel them both.
We used Twitter in the end to publicly tweet the chief exec's office. This made them sit up and take notice.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sounds like they are as incompetent as Railtrack, if you've ever needed to deal with them.

Mind you, our own house is a 23A as it was built by the owner of 23 in his garden. He told the water co. he had connected to the mains and then for the next 18 years didn't receive a single bill. We moved in and after a few months we rang them to ask why they weren't billing us for water and sewerage. "Your house doesn't exist" they said.

BSOh

Über Member
Sorry to hear, hope you get sorted. When they get it wrong, it's usually spectaculatly so. Very frustrating.

Whist I sympathise with your situation, could you reconsider the use of the word I've highlighted?

Thanks

Not a word I use, but hear often and didn't know the connotations. Thanks for pointing out. Useful.

Drago

Legendary Member
Remember to invoice them £25 for every call you make, and every email and letter you have to send to resolve the situation. Tell them if they don't pay the invoices you will engage a debt collection agency to recover the money, which is no less than they'd do to you if the roles were reversed.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
When were they ever the cream of the crop? When they were the only crop, when they were exploiting their control of the publicly-built network that has a monopoly in most of the country and they only grudgingly let other suppliers onto, or what?

BT aren't known as B****r That for nothing. Take them for everything you can get and then switch.

gbb

Legendary Member

Thanks
I suspect it' a generation thing. I used that word quite frequently to describe an idiot....i wasn't intended to insult anyone, I didn't even realise it caused offence. Now I do know...so now I don' use it. (edited to say I'm talking about the word cretin )
A nicely put request :okay:...for the internet where flaming someone usually seems to be the first choice of beration.

Last edited:

doughnut

Veteran
This happened to us a long while ago. Someone moved into number 3 in our street and whoever typed the order in the computer missed the 3 and hit 6 instead. so our number got cancelled. Took about 8 days to fix and we were given 1 free month (line charge) for each day we had no line. Still pretty aggravating though.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Well, reading the comments on that it looks as if Mr Patterson has got himself a new email address and complaints are just being fed into the abyss of the call centre.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Happened to a mate, he lives at No5 **** St, across the road are half a dozen flats one of which is flat 5. Luckily Pete got home as they were disconnecting the line from his house and after showing the engineers his bill got them to reinstate the line.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Now British Gas has sent her a sorry you are leaving letter.It's getting dafter,someone somewhere has cocked up.No phone, her last lot of pay as you go calls have cost her nearly five quid,Mrs Postman is going over on Tuesday,going to the bank with her mum and dad,it now appears there could be two standing orders,it's getting dafter.

Stephenite

Membå

Thanks
I support your sentiment. But would like to add that 'cretin' refers to someone with hypothyroidism and 'mong' refers to someone with Downs. The words have become insults but I wouldn't use them this way because of their original meanings.

I like to call people names though, especially in cases like the OPs where it's thoroughly deserved. I usually stick to synonyms for sexual organs. For example. 'You **cking di***ead.'

Edit: I thought the forum software would auto-edit the swearing. :blush:

Does anyone have any more imaginative call names for the idiots inflicting their nobbery on @postman 's MIL?

Last edited:
Top Bottom