If anyone wants an argument then there's one here!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I see someone has pitched in early with a 'road tax' suggestion :smile:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
haha brilliant i love how they've taken his comment out of context and clearly put it up there to cause furor.
blue touch paper is lit :biggrin:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I see someone has pitched in early with a 'road tax' suggestion
:smile:

Yes, what would he suggest we pay i wonder? How about a hundred pounds a year to cycle over potholes, glass and round their parked cars! They just don't understand! I cycle on a busy road that's falling to pieces, i have to weave in and out to avoid the holes and there's a kind of a tram line where they've patched the thing up. If you get your narrow road tyres caught in this tram line you are likely to wobble, even come of your bike.
I drove over this road yesterday, and as a motorist i have to say that my large/wide tyres made it a comfy ride where i hardly noticed the problems i'd have to endure when i cycle on that road! I also noticed that it's probably my half a ton in weight car that's caused the potholes, not my 22 pound(in weight)road bike!:dry:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Mrs Accy cyclist has just mentioned that many cars do not pay road tax. The "low emission" ones, the disability/mobility scheme ones for example. Are their cars super light weight and don't cause pot holes maybe?:rolleyes:

compo

Veteran
I can't be bothered to even have a "sensible" argument with idiots.

(Is that a contradiction in terms?)

Ian Cooper

Expat Yorkshireman
I weighed in.

Ian Cooper

Expat Yorkshireman
Very nicely!

Thanks. I'm tired of being defensive with these pricks. I'm tired of people saying cycling is dangerous when the fact is, cycling is perfectly safe, and any danger to us is posed purely by incompetent motorists. If we removed cars from our streets, everyone would be safer. Cars are the problem on our roads - that's the 'elephant in the driveway' - and I think it's time to go on the offensive. Their license does not give them a right to the road. On the contrary, it's a reminder that that right was taken away - and it was taken away for good reason.

Top Bottom