If bad things come in threes should I go out tomorrow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Renard

I am wondering if I am in the middle of an unlucky spell. I had a spill on some black ice this afternoon. Going down a hill next thing I know I am sliding along the road on my back. Twas very painful and I reckon I am going to have some spectacular bruising.

The thing is, on my last outing I was mountainbiking. A group of us took a path we were not exactly supposed to. I was in the lead and going round a big berm my front wheel sunk into the surface (now that's why that section was closed:rolleyes:) with me toppling head first into some rocks at the bottom. I actually broke a rock in half, Pai Mei style :eek: .

Now I am wondering what fate has in store for me tomorrow if I go out on the bike? **** the 'puncture fairy' :rolleyes:, its the 'falling off fairy' that I'm worried about :wacko:

Dave5N

Über Member
You'll be alright. You have to go sometime. Can't stay in bed for ever.

ANyway, superstitions are just that. A poor way to rationalise a complicated world.

We have physics and statistics and stuff now instead.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Well you will never know till you go find out. So you might aswell go out and see.
I nearly went over the other day when it was abit wet, the back whell moved around when i went into a courner abit fast, luckily it wasnt completly wet so it just move around. Made that courner and some others abit of fun.

ash68

best way to think is that the great man upstairs has got his radar wrong and the bloke with the broken leg got your last bit of bad luck:biggrin:. Sad for him, but great news for you, you're in the clear BJB

Dave5N

Über Member
Why's the helicopter got a bike wheel on the back?

Keith Oates

Janner
ash68 said:
best way to think is that the great man upstairs has got his radar wrong and the bloke with the broken leg got your last bit of bad luck:biggrin:. Sad for him, but great news for you, you're in the clear BJB

Bad luck by proxy, that's new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
BJB said:
I think the third bit of bad news was not getting into the Fred Whitton. Managed out for a short while on the bike today in the wind and gales without mishap so I hope that whatever bit of bad luck it was it seems to have passed me by :evil:

Mate, that was good news. You seen them hills?

OP
OP
R

Renard

Well I managed my third fall on Sunday. I was mountainbiking (at Drumlanrig for anyone that knows it) and fell off on the last 10metres of the last section of singletrack. Grrr :wacko:

longers

Legendary Member
It could have been a lot worse, it could have been the first 10 metres :wacko:.

I know Drumlanrig but only for the castle and the assault course.

Top Bottom