If Bike Brands where Cars Brands?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

aces_up1504

Smart FourTwo?

That was my thought for them!!

GilesM

Legendary Member
The Orange Five would definately be a Landrover Defender, not everyone's idea of great looks, perfect off road, up or downhill, super simple but effective design, and should go on and on for years.

U

User6179

This thread is much too jolly. I need to provoke a reaction.

All these carbon, poo-sh1te, whizz-bang, look-at-my-team-kit-lycra, rolling examples of conspicuous consumption and self-absorbtion are the convertible Lexus of cycling.

All about being seen on and being talked about at the golf club or at a work dinner... Little to do with cycling, as the convertible lexus is little to do with driving. Tomorrow's landfill in a bland, monochrome world of consumerist lust and retail one-upmanship. Carbon and science in perfectly pointless fusion, rendered odourless excreta.

All steel bikes (particularly my steel bikes) are 1960s Alfa Romeo Giuliettas or Zagato-bodied Lancias. Beautiful and you just know the designers knew a thing or two about food and wine.

Rigid-forked early MTBs are 1959 Humber Super Snipes. Glorious and utterly pointless in equal measure, but the world would be a duller place without them.

This may not be a serious post. As ever, I am right and any dissent is groundless.

I thought Alan Partridge had killed off Lexus (the japanese mercedes)!?

See, I'd have said Ford was Boardman. Reliable, affordable, everywhere.

Cube/Focus would be the good, but well priced, Japanese brands - Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan.

Carrera are the Koreans - Hyundai, Kia. If you have one you're happy with a perfectly functional and reliable bike, but you try to avoid admitting it.

Specialized, Trek, Giant - enter the expensive 'Check out my ride' German cars - your Audis, BMWs, Mercs

Campag, Colnago, Pinarello - the italians (not Fiat of course), the Ferraris, Lambos.

Therefore,
Campag, Colnago, Pinarello - very fast good looking, stupidly expensive, when something goes wrong forget it or take out a loan to fix it.

Specialized, Trek, Giant - Excellent engineering, pay a premium for it, boring to look at, will last for ever but will never excite.

Carrera - Shite

Cube/Focus - will last forever, everything will be made of plastic, everything will have the latest technology.

Boardman - best seller for years, forever the "car/bike" of the year, varies from being very ugly to OK looking, rusts a lot.

I wonder what compares to my ride....an Iveco Daily LWB High-Top Panel Van...???? Any suggestions??? I think I might have many:sad:

People riding around on Black and Yellow LA-tribute bikes in LA-tribute lycra and wristbands are like.... Ooops! Just noticed there aren't any left....

Don't mention "Black and Yellow", otherwise he might come on this post and tell us we are all stupid;)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A Brompton is a Smart - small and functional. A tandem is an MPV.

OK, just so that I don't sound too condescending, my rides are a Boardman Race (a Ford Focus, I guess), fairly standard and boring but well built and cost effective. A specialized Hardrock MTB (a 15 year old Land Rover, practically bomb proof).

Thought this on the way to work, noticing people of bikes and then all the different brands of cars:

If Bike Brands where Cars Brands what bike brand would be Ford and so on...

Not sure about cars but I have 2 road bikes with "r1" in their name so I would say Yamaha. I have a saracen MTB. Must be land rover or somethin. Ferrari would mostly be TT bikes and the boris bikes would be fiat multiplas. Porsche would have many different road bikes which are all very similar.

Top Bottom