If cyclists are banned from Mororways and some A roads then...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclista

There is a similar system to what MCD was describing here on the Isle of Wight, have to say that it works very well, rarely see cars on the green lanes and when I do they give way with a smile and a wave (Usually!)

bonj2

marinyork said:
Isn't that a political/royal thing? I don't live in London but isn't Pall Mall closed on a sunday to cars? I wish there were other roads like that I knew of.

some closer to home than you might think. derwent road past fairholmes? only open to cyclists and the bus. I've seen mo'bikes on it tho. :sad:

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
Lancashire has already started to adopt the Government's 'Quiet Lane' initiative. Perhaps you should ask your council what their plans are?

The Countryside Agency define Quiet Lanes as minor rural roads already lightly trafficked, where extra traffic measures will improve their attractiveness for non-motorised users.

Designated Quiet Lanes will be signed for use by walkers, cyclists and horse riders.

Drivers of motor vehicles will be expected to drive at a speed appropriate to and in recognition of shared use.

Non-essential traffic will be encouraged to use busier roads by changes to direction signing.

Top Bottom