1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If I had one of these - if I could get hold of one - would I be stopped ?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by yenrod, 15 Jan 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

2. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Only if you were making 'wee-wah wee-wah' noises and wearing a tit on your head.:sad:

3. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Stopped by whom and/or from doing what?

4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

5. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

The Fuzz / Cycling...

6. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

White at the front to show you are approaching, red to the rear to show you are departing.

When you are wiped out because you are faffing about with cool looking fashion lights you are merely adding weight to Darwin's very excellent theory.

7. walker

walker New Member

I'm sure there is a law about blue lights on a vehicle being against the law. I'm sure the police would have something to say to you.

8. mr_hippo

mr_hippo Living Legend & Old Fart

Blue lights are illegal on non-emergency service vehicles. Red lights showing at the front of vehicles are also illegal, a black cab driver was prosecuted for having a miniature Christmas tree on his dashboard with red lights on it.

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Bikes aren't vehicles though, so they are allowed.

Please provide a link as I don't believe a word of it am slightly sceptical about this.

10. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

I had a look at the laws concerning vehicle lighting last month as I was wondering about the legality of putting fairly lights on your bike. As far as I remember you're not allowed to put blue lights on your vehicle as they are reserved for the emergency services. White lights shoudl not be visible from behind and red lights should not be visible from in front. You are allowed amber running lights along the side.

11. walker

walker New Member

Are you being serious there Dom or just having a laugh?

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I am being serious, bicycles are not covered by the same laws as motor vehicles.

13. andygates

andygates New Member

Oh FFS not this again.

14. mr_hippo

mr_hippo Living Legend & Old Fart

Vehicle:

1. any means in or by which someone travels or something is carried or conveyed; a means of conveyance or transport: a motor vehicle; space vehicles.
    2. a conveyance moving on wheels, runners, tracks, or the like, as a cart, sled, automobile, or tractor.

15. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

*Heh heh heh heh*
    :cry::evil::cry::evil::smile: