If I had one of these - if I could get hold of one - would I be stopped ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

9161light_de1.jpg

Only if you were making 'wee-wah wee-wah' noises and wearing a tit on your head.:sad:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
White at the front to show you are approaching, red to the rear to show you are departing.

When you are wiped out because you are faffing about with cool looking fashion lights you are merely adding weight to Darwin's very excellent theory.

walker

I'm sure there is a law about blue lights on a vehicle being against the law. I'm sure the police would have something to say to you.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Blue lights are illegal on non-emergency service vehicles. Red lights showing at the front of vehicles are also illegal, a black cab driver was prosecuted for having a miniature Christmas tree on his dashboard with red lights on it.

domtyler

Über Member
mr_hippo said:
Blue lights are illegal on non-emergency service vehicles.

Bikes aren't vehicles though, so they are allowed.

mr_hippo said:
Red lights showing at the front of vehicles are also illegal, a black cab driver was prosecuted for having a miniature Christmas tree on his dashboard with red lights on it.

Please provide a link as I don't believe a word of it am slightly sceptical about this.

PrettyboyTim

I had a look at the laws concerning vehicle lighting last month as I was wondering about the legality of putting fairly lights on your bike. As far as I remember you're not allowed to put blue lights on your vehicle as they are reserved for the emergency services. White lights shoudl not be visible from behind and red lights should not be visible from in front. You are allowed amber running lights along the side.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Vehicle:

1. any means in or by which someone travels or something is carried or conveyed; a means of conveyance or transport: a motor vehicle; space vehicles.
2. a conveyance moving on wheels, runners, tracks, or the like, as a cart, sled, automobile, or tractor.

Top Bottom