If it wasn't for a helmet, I wouldn't be here right now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Glad your OK Montage .I wouldnt like helmets to be compulsory but still wear one almost all the time and definitely on roads.30 MPH UPHILL i cant do that downhill :-)

purplepolly

Bear said:
Not being funny, but i dont like the way it falls to pieces ? Is that normal ?

Yes, a cycle helmet is designed to absorb the impact and if the impact is very hard then it will crack. It's basically a single-impact device - not for reuse.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Dave5N said:
Glad you're ok. DId you win?

It was just a sprint with another club mate.... and I was around 2 metres off his wheel .... Don't think I was going to win :becool:

Cheers for the get wells etc, time for me to get a nice shiney new helmet. Now, do I get one to match the club kit, or get one to match the bike :wacko:

montage said:
get one to match the bike :smile:

There's your answer monty!:becool:

Hope you heal well, and quick too, and your point about how you may have been more damaged is a valid one, but Hilldodger, and ASC1951 have their point too - if you chose to wear one, good for you, if not, good for you too!:biggrin:

How's the fixie....?:wacko:

Shrimp_Stu

montage said:
It was just a sprint with another club mate.... and I was around 2 metres off his wheel .... Don't think I was going to win :biggrin:

Cheers for the get wells etc, time for me to get a nice shiney new helmet. Now, do I get one to match the club kit, or get one to match the bike :hello:

Get a one that will do the job...
Good luck with your recovery.

Ben M

So why did you fall off then?

Dave5N

Über Member
montage said:
It was just a sprint with another club mate.... and I was around 2 metres off his wheel .... Don't think I was going to win ;)

Cheers for the get wells etc, time for me to get a nice shiney new helmet. Now, do I get one to match the club kit, or get one to match the bike :rain:

? Fareham Wheelers? :ohmy:

I should get a nice colour, mate. :hello:

:biggrin:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Dave5N said:
? Fareham Wheelers? :rain:

I should get a nice colour, mate. :hello:

:biggrin:

Haha, I won't be matching the club kit then ;)
Actually I don't mind the kit - it does certainly stand out from all the other kits! Though a blue or white helmet to match the kit, or red to match the bike....hmmmmmmm

Bear

purplepolly said:
Yes, a cycle helmet is designed to absorb the impact and if the impact is very hard then it will crack. It's basically a single-impact device - not for reuse.
Fair one

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Montage,

Glad to hear that you're ok. Flattened a helmet, myself, years ago, and it's difficult to communicate thoughts and feelings to someone who hasn't been through that.

Don't want to make any arguement one way or another, to anyone. This is for you. I'd say, if you want, go ahead and preach. Those who are already wearing helmets don't need to hear it. Those who are opposed won't listen, anyway. But for those who aren't adamantly opposed...well...maybe...just maybe...one of those people will think, "Does Mama earn enough money to be able to send the kids to college without my help? If so, will she also be able to afford to pay someone to spoon-feed me, and wipe my arse for the rest of my life, or, will she have to quit her job, to be able to do that, herself?" If one person decides, after hearing you preach, to wear a helmet, and has an accident where the helmet saved him...then your preaching was worth it.
So go ahead and preach. What have you got to lose?

Top Bottom