If it's generally known ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
... and universally accepted that our right feet are 'very slightly' larger than our left, why can't footwear manufacturers make the right shoe just marginally bigger? :angry:

All my left-sided shoes fit perfectly, but the right ones are a tad too tight. Going up half a size doesn't help either.

Any ideas?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Dayvo said:
... and universally accepted that our right feet are 'very slightly' larger than our left, why can't footwear manufacturers make the right shoe just marginally bigger? :angry:

All my left-sided shoes fit perfectly, but the right ones are a tad too tight. Going up half a size doesn't help either.

Any ideas?
You too, huh ?

Actually, I didn't know that it is "generally known" ..... but I'm very glad not to be a weirdo foot-wise :smile:.

why can't footwear manufacturers make the right shoe just marginally bigger?
- I guess 'cos some people are left-footed ??
[cue for all sorts of religion 'jokes']

buggi

Bird Saviour
i totally agree! none of my shoes fit properly! one is always killing me! i don't think they should come in pairs... you should be able to buy one in one size and the other in the next size up or down.

and why don't they do half sizes? i'm a 6 1/2 hence why one shoe is either killing me or slipping off.

Beardie

My left foot is bigger, too. One of my sisters has her left foot an entire size bigger than her right. It's nothing to do with handedness apparently; I'm right-handed and she is left-handed.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I understand that symmetry is considered an attractive feature and that the most successful models etc are more symmetrical than the average person. I gather also that when women are at their most fertile their faces are also the most symmetrical. How weird is that!

And, given all the above, why are our feet different sizes?

buggi

Bird Saviour
my right tit is bigger :laugh: (only just... it's hardly noticeable... honest!)

Top Bottom