1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Music Be The Food Of Love...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Aperitif, 30 Dec 2007.

1. ...I'd starve - probably:tongue:

Clear up time this morning, and I have emptied a big box of CDs and, lurking at the side were some vinyl 45rpm discs:
    Family "In My Own Time"
    Sparks "The Number One Song In Heaven"
    James Brown "Get Up Offa That Thing"
    Jethro Tull "Life Is A Long Song"

The Who "Relay"
    Shawn Phillips "A Christmas Song"
    Genesis "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
    Eurogrup(EP) " L'Estiu A Ciutat"
    and.........
    Hawkwind "Urban Guerilla"

I love the Shawn Phillips song...

Here's a bit of music...

I really must get a new deck.:rolleyes:

2. barq

barq Senior Member

I love Sparks.

You'll have to find a mate with a record deck and then copy those onto CD or MP3. :rolleyes:

3. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Can I have the Family single please?

4. I will consult the tea leaves when I get to the bottom of the cup...is there any reason why this request should not be honoured, audience?

5. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Family...awesome :rolleyes:
    Early 70s...that slightly tight throated warbling voice of Roger chapman, i remember it well. Put me in mind of Joe Cocker in a way.
    Sadly they only had a couple of hits (IIRC)...the rest on albums didnt do it for me...then they seemed to dissappear.
    Roger Chapman also sang on Mike Oldfields 'Crises' album (Shadow on the wall). I remember listening to this track for the first time...maybe 15 years after i'd heard Family for the last time.....:rolleyes::ohmy:
    That HAS to be him out of Family i thought...t'was.

6. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Is that the original (Green Chrysalis label ?) single Aperetif ? Can you tell me the title of the 'B' side please ?

7. Actually Elmer, it's an EP with 'lials' + Up the Pool on A and Dr Bogenbroom, From Later and Nursie on the B.:wacko: Chrysalis original label etc

8. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

It might be one of those I really liked, I'm sure when I bought the single it only had 'lials' on the 'a' side but it was 36 a few years ago !! I'll do a search for those tracks on l/wire, cheers Aperetif

9. girofan

girofan New Member

;)

Don't know if it's been deleted, but "Roger Chapman & The Shortlist in Hamburg" is a great record :biggrin:.
    You could search the Internet and come up with a copy all you Chapmaneers!
    As I remember it was released in the eighties.

10. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit