If Music Be The Food Of Love...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...I'd starve - probably:tongue:

Clear up time this morning, and I have emptied a big box of CDs and, lurking at the side were some vinyl 45rpm discs:
Family "In My Own Time"
Sparks "The Number One Song In Heaven"
James Brown "Get Up Offa That Thing"
Jethro Tull "Life Is A Long Song"

The Who "Relay"
Shawn Phillips "A Christmas Song"
Genesis "I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
Eurogrup(EP) " L'Estiu A Ciutat"
and.........
Hawkwind "Urban Guerilla"

I love the Shawn Phillips song...

Here's a bit of music...

I really must get a new deck.:rolleyes:

barq

I love Sparks.

You'll have to find a mate with a record deck and then copy those onto CD or MP3. :rolleyes:

gbb

Legendary Member
Family...awesome :rolleyes:
Early 70s...that slightly tight throated warbling voice of Roger chapman, i remember it well. Put me in mind of Joe Cocker in a way.
Sadly they only had a couple of hits (IIRC)...the rest on albums didnt do it for me...then they seemed to dissappear.
Roger Chapman also sang on Mike Oldfields 'Crises' album (Shadow on the wall). I remember listening to this track for the first time...maybe 15 years after i'd heard Family for the last time.....:rolleyes::ohmy:
That HAS to be him out of Family i thought...t'was.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Aperitif said:
...I'd starve - probably:tongue:

Clear up time this morning, and I have emptied a big box of CDs and, lurking at the side were some vinyl 45rpm discs:
Jethro Tull "Life Is A Long Song"

Shawn Phillips "A Christmas Song"

I love the Shawn Phillips song...

Here's a bit of music...

I really must get a new deck.:wacko:

Is that the original (Green Chrysalis label ?) single Aperetif ? Can you tell me the title of the 'B' side please ?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
It might be one of those I really liked, I'm sure when I bought the single it only had 'lials' on the 'a' side but it was 36 a few years ago !! I'll do a search for those tracks on l/wire, cheers Aperetif

girofan

;)
gbb said:
Family...awesome :biggrin:
Early 70s...that slightly tight throated warbling voice of Roger chapman, i remember it well. Put me in mind of Joe Cocker in a way.
Sadly they only had a couple of hits (IIRC)...the rest on albums didnt do it for me...then they seemed to dissappear.
Roger Chapman also sang on Mike Oldfields 'Crises' album (Shadow on the wall). I remember listening to this track for the first time...maybe 15 years after i'd heard Family for the last time.....:ohmy::ohmy:
That HAS to be him out of Family i thought...t'was.

Don't know if it's been deleted, but "Roger Chapman & The Shortlist in Hamburg" is a great record :biggrin:.
You could search the Internet and come up with a copy all you Chapmaneers!
As I remember it was released in the eighties.

Top Bottom