If You Cause a Accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
If a cyclist causes a traffic accident in which a car is damaged or somebody is injured or worse . what happens to the cyclist who caused the accident ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If the cyclist can be traced then you would have to pay for damage. Hence why it's important to join British Cycling or the CTC for their 3rd party insurance

byegad

Legendary Member
Exactly. fossyant! To me, riding easy to recognise (and so trace) recumbent trikes it's a must. Not that I expect to cause any accidents or damage.

If an ambulance is called the driver will be charged for it by the ambulance service any damage you do is handled like anything else either you agree a figure to fix it or go to court.

OP
OP
Wester

Wester

Guru
If the cyclist can be traced then you would have to pay for damage. Hence why it's important to join British Cycling or the CTC for their 3rd party insurance

And how much would I expect to pay for 3rd party insurance for one year

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

subaqua

What’s the point
British Cycling Ride membership is £32, get other benefits too, such as 10% off at Halfords, Wiggle, also legal help, money off entrance to bike shows

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership

You can probably find a voucher code if you search...indeed can save 50% for first year if a club member

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/cl...joining-British-Cycling-for-the-first-time--0

CTC was £60 for all the family for 18 months.

vickster

Legendary Member
It depends how many people you are, I only cover me

What other benefits does CTC offer? I joined BC as I was intending to do their ride leader course at one point...

cd365

Guru
If a cyclist causes a traffic accident in which a car is damaged or somebody is injured or worse . what happens to the cyclist who caused the accident ?
Most people would do exactly like a car driver would who caused an accident but wasn't involved, get away as quickly as possible.

Top Bottom